WWF, the global conservation organization, is one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the earth's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption WWF-Canada has a tremendous history of accomplishment, and is currently focusing on areas where Canadian leadership can have a global impact: climate, water and people. We are working to prevent dangerous climate change, investing in long-term marine and freshwater conservation efforts in Canada’s Grand Banks, the Pacific Coast, the Mackenzie Valley in the north, and the Arctic. This is an exciting period at WWF-Canada.
WWF-Canada seeks a Manager, Direct Marketing with proven strategic development, campaign execution, and results-oriented experience to join the annual giving team.
The Manager will utilize their considerable experience to develop, manage and execute direct response fundraising strategies focused on maximizing revenue generation while ensuring the overall messaging and creative direction for the program is consistent and on brand, including:
- prospect targeting
- donor acquisition
- donor retention
The primary responsibility of this position is to build the annual giving donor portfolio utilizing integrated and comprehensive donor-centered direct response strategies with a high functioning, engaged, professional and enthusiastic direct response team dedicated to maximizing annual giving revenues to help achieve the WWF mission.
This position is ideal for an energized manager who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. This position will see you engage with many internal and external partners and contribute to WWF-Canada’s mission in Canada and the global WWF network.
- With the Director, Annual Giving, develop annual campaigns, operating budgets and test strategies
- Implement and execute strategic plans to achieve direct response fundraising goals
- Manage external partners in campaign development to ensure communications are on message, timely, relevant and in alignment with organizational goals
- Manage the creative design and approval process including messaging and package design for appropriate market segments across Canada ensuring brand alignment
- Work back schedules for active projects
- Campaign budgets including review of estimates, invoices, and providing inputs into monthly financial results reporting and analysis
- Develop targeting techniques to maximize acquisition through RFM, market and geo-demographic segmentation
- Monitor, analyze and report on campaign results against goals and objectives
- Support conservation culture as a member of an integrated team
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of direct marketing experience, managing a comprehensive annual direct mail program
- A proven track record in the development and implementation of direct marketing plans that meet or exceed goals
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Experience managing external partners in developing plans, creative and assessing performance
- Familiarity with CRA and PIPEDA guidelines
- Fluency in French is an asset
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Excellent communications skills, with a focus on strong writing, editing and proofreading
- Strong interpersonal skills; an effective and respectful communicator who can achieve the desired results by encouraging and supporting the contributions of others
- Demonstrates self-confidence, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Ability to relate with different levels of internal and external stakeholders, interpreting complex programs and ideas to a varied audience
- High degree of proficiency working in MS Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge or understanding of Raiser’s Edge
This is a permanent full-time position based in Toronto.