You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
Corporate Marketing and Communications (MarCom) has responsibility for internal and external communications and for enterprise-wide brand, digital and research initiatives, and represents the work of the International Marketing Centre.
Digital Marketing has emerged in Sun Life Financial as a potential area of strategic differentiation. Programs are in place to leverage and grow our digital properties in support of business goals across various dimensions including public sites, extranets, intranets - in virtually every market we are active in. We are especially focusing on digital marketing initiatives including social media.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading digital marketing and communications initiatives for a variety of Sun Life web properties including sunlife.com, sunlife.ca and our advisor sites in Canada. This individual will serve as a single point of contact for the client, recommending the appropriate digital solutions to meet business requirements. This incumbent will also engage digital experts across the team in areas such as usability, accessibility, SEO and social media to ensure best practices are applied to the project.
The successful candidate will be a strategic, innovative thinker with superior organization skills and the ability to manage and influence in a large corporate environment. The role requires the incumbent to have a deep understanding and passion for digital marketing
- Work with business and marketing leaders to develop innovative, best in class, digital initiatives
- Develop program strategies and tactics in collaboration with clients, digital specialists and agencies
- Guide the project through a formal project lifecycle and pull in members of the Digital Marketing and Communications team at key points throughout the development process
- Oversee program execution to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget
- Research and advance new technologies, encouraging Sun Life to stretch beyond the status quo in order to achieve digital dominance
- Provide best practices and counsel to the business on site structure, design, governance, search engine optimization and search engine marketing
- Manage relationship with service providers supporting digital marketing and communications
- Partner with IT to deliver efficient and effective digital vehicles
- In depth digital marketing and communications skills
- Proficient project management skills
- Proficient consulting skills
- Proven online writing and editing skills
- Discretion and diplomacy in dealing with stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong understanding of digital technologies
- Ability to adapt and modify content from traditional media
- Technical aptitude for web publishing software
- University or college degree
- 5 to 7 years experience in digital marketing and communications
- Experience with e-marketing, including usability and search engine optimization
Sun Life Financial promotes equal opportunity employment.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.sunlife.ca
Like to hear what some of our employees have to say about "Working at Sun Life"?
Check us out at: www.youtube.com/sunlifefinancial