We’re looking for an experienced mobile product leader to develop mobile feature sets, roadmap and strategy. Products that you would work on include mobile and tablet websites, iOS and Android mobile and tablet applications, SMS and App Communications, OLG Brand and Category pages, Tools, sites and interactive content, as well as R&D around emerging devices.
As a Digital Marketing Manager for Mobile, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our fastest growing channels. Whether you are acting as a subject matter expert for mobile or handling requests from our many stakeholders, you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. For some of our cross-category products like mobile apps, you’ll contribute to positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, as well as helping to shape the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across brand, sales, corporate communications, legal, web content, channel development, IT and more. The role enables you to shape the mobile product development process, organize mobile product launches from beginning to end and form future marketing strategy.
You have a strong understanding of marketplace dynamics, mobile and multi-screen design and can execute promotional campaigns, work with brand teams to launch new products, liaise with partners on co-marketing initiatives, and work with external agencies on creative and technical projects.
You will work closely with our head of marketing communications for digital, category and brand leaders, and the head of advertising for Lottery to execute high impact campaigns.
Key focus will be driving digital engagement for the channel, and specifically growing an application user base capable of sustaining new categories of mobile-enabled lottery products and services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop Mobile Marketing Plans & Strategy: Develop and execute OLG’s annual and long range plan; outlining key objectives, strategy, programs, budget and critical metrics.
- Develop Lottery’s Mobile Toolkit: Develop an accessible and constantly improving list of available channel tactics, tools, and promotional opportunities that fit within the larger channel strategies for mobile, MarCom and Lottery Marketing. Work in collaboration with agencies, IT, iGaming, and other stakeholders as appropriate to achieve balanced and ‘customer centric’ approach. Support brand marketers in the development of campaigns and plans that use mobile tools and opportunities.
- Product Manage Tools: Ideate, develop, publish and promote tools that support Lottery initiatives through mobile by being an advocate for non-lottery-brand products within the channel. E.g. Ticket Checker App, Ticket Builder App, Retail Location Finder App, etc.
- Develop product life-cycles, engagement strategy, marketing plans, media support plans and overall approach to Tools.
- Integrate existing and planned identity management, personal account management and CRM data in an appropriate way to encourage responsible play, new player acquisition, new product trial/cross-sell/up-sell.
- Oversee all activities relating to mobile budget development, forecasting, billings, tracking, monitoring program status and report on progress and outcomes.
- Manage supplier rosters fostering positive relationships, and adhere to the disciplined procurement process.
- Manage the review and approval process (from concept to final production) by ensuring campaigns and tools are moving through the organization in a systematic, efficient, effective and coordinated way.
- Monitor Trends: keep abreast of mobile marketing and consumer smartphone/tablet trends and work closely with the Sr. Manager of Marketing Communications, Corporate Communications, Brand Managers and other cross functional departments to assess opportunities and key performance metrics that will inform future tactics and channel maturity.
- University Degree in Business, Marketing or Commerce or related field significant marketing and industry knowledge accompanied by a minimum of 6 years experience in digital marketing, minimum of 2 specifically in mobile
- Demonstrated ability to turn high-level marketing objectives into effective communication’s strategies and measurable campaigns
- Recognized expertise in mobile marketing, developing/selling/managing solutions for large companies with consumer brands.
- Experience working with mobile agencies.
- Excellent people and vendor relationship management experience as role will be working closely with OLG suppliers and internal team.
- Ability to translate trends, technologies and metrics into conversational English and be an evangelist for mobile within the organization.
- Knowledge of online marketing practices and promotional/bonus processes
- Strong people leadership, strategic thinking, project management and analytical skills.
- Experience in campaign tracking and reporting through analytics tools and external reporting. Ability to derive insights and share actionable tactics and ideas from analytics.
- Ability to direct multiple teams and work in a complex cross functional environment within a matrixed organization.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and presentation skills