Are you a Leader in Social Media and Website optimization?
Do you live and breathe all things on social and keep up with trends?
Are you a strategic thinker with strong marketing acumen?
Do you thrive under pressure and in a fast paced environment?
Can you be a leader that inspires and challenges your team?
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the cancer cause, and is highly skilled as a marketing professional. The role of Manager, Digital Marketing and Social Media is new to the Brand Communications team at The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, and we are looking for an innovative and energetic person to lead this area.
We make the impossible possible. If you excel at what you do, we want to hear from you.
This is a key and challenging role for a strategic thinker who understands the evolving world of marketing, someone who is comfortable in forging meaningful relationships in the health industry, as well as developing and planning a marketing strategy with the ability to lead and implement all the elements of a plan quickly and accurately. This role is multi-faceted:
- Provides strategic marketing/support for external/internal communications and corporate objectives.
- Works closely with the Chief Brand Officer, Director of Brand Communications, Manager, Communications and Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist to implement a digital marketing plan for The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, consistent with the vision and mission of University Health Network (UHN).
- Provides strategic marketing and digital media support for ongoing projects of The Princess Margaret team.
- Leads SEO management and support. Must be hands on.
- Performance reports with recommendations for improvements based on metrics
- Understands and has knowledge of digital fundraising
- Forecast and report on online ad budgets
- Has a track record of community building and website enhancement to increase traffic and drive-up engagement
- Understands digital fundraising or revenue building digital campaigns from the ground up
- Participates and leads project meetings
- Helps to lead editorial content of foundation communications materials including e-newsletters, marketing brochures, feature publications and photos.
- Writes proposals for special innovative digital initiatives.
- Leads website updates and supports social media team
- Prepares print and other media material in support of the Foundation’s programs and activities.
- Measures digital/social media growth, and uses a dashboard for monthly reporting
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary degree or college program in marketing, communications or other relevant discipline required.
- 6-10 years in a leadership role within a marketing, public relations/communications role.
- 4-5 years of hands-on SEM experience, with a focus on paid search campaign management
- Proven track record of SEM strategy and implementation
- Proficient with SEM reporting and analytical tools
- Comprehensive understanding of keyword research
- Advance knowledge of SEO
- Experience in executing digital fundraising campaigns
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of Google AdWords
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with staff at all levels required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure required.
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations required.
- Ability to juggle multiple work projects required.
- Understanding of organizational communications required.
- Be a leader, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-initiative is a must.