Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO and the Union Pearson Express. Our mission is to champion and deliver mobility solutions which enhance the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. As one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Metrolinx is a diverse and dynamic organization where employees embody our values: Playing as a Team, Serving with Passion, and Thinking Forward. Join us as we transform the way the region moves.
Our Digital & Creative Services Office is seeking a Manager, Digital & Creative Services Manager to manage the development and deployment of ideas, creative marketing concepts, creative and digital strategies, multimedia and design solutions, including products and programs for social media, websites, print collateral and advertising, high-profile presentations, including, static and motion graphics, photography and video assets.
- Develop and operationalize digital and creative strategies, their alignment with strategic objectives and brand standards and articulates the divisional marketing strategy and vision, resulting in compelling integrated design solutions
- Manage the generation of creative solutions from research data, abstract concepts and strategic content through to the production of visually compelling, multi-channel, integrated creative products, including, video, static and motion graphics and print collateral.
- Review, provide creative direction and approve projects prior to client presentations and final production to ensure high quality, multi-channel products that meet quality benchmarks and fulfill the requested business requirements.
- Oversee all creative and digital marketing project assignments, ensuring deadlines, budgets and objectives are met
- Manage online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness and support corporate and divisional strategic objectives
- Advocate approaches enabled by new technologies (e.g. customer / client technology such as CRM) which are based on rigorous research, analysis and business case development
- Lead the research, development and implementation of best in class digital marketing practices, evaluates results and recommends process improvements or the introduction of new practices/services based on rigorous business case development
- Oversee the development, refinement, population and management of a digital asset management system (DAM), available to staff across the organization
- Build and sustain relationships with internal customers across the organization to understand business requirements, deliver services based on expectations, and collect feedback that will drive improvements/enhancements to processes
- Develop, monitor and manage the annual budget for the creative services department
- Manages and directs staff and consultants engaged in project teams (e.g. defines team member roles, responsibilities, and expectations); delivers timely feedback to ensure a cohesive operational unit and the optimum use of team skills; monitors assignments and projects for adherence to timelines and the achievement of performance objectives; develops and implements action plans to address performance gaps
Location: 97 Front Street W., Toronto
- Completion of a degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Marketing or related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum ten (10) years’ progressive experience leading creative/graphic, branding, digital, communications, marketing and/or advertising functions, including a minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing a team
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience creating design standards and visual identity systems an asset
- Prior experience working with creative agencies and related service contracts
- In-depth industry knowledge and thorough understanding of best practices in: typography, illustration, photography, color theory, motion graphics, multimedia authoring tools and corporate identity
- Keen understanding of branding principles and hierarchy
- Knowledge of related software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word, HTML, Java, CSS would be an asset
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and mentoring skills with the ability to clearly articulate creative ideas and direction to staff
- Strong presentation and communication skills to clearly articulate multimedia and design solutions to internal/external stakeholders as well as management
- Excellent tact, diplomacy, political acuity, and understanding of the public “pulse
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.