Manager, Creative Services
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Manager, Creative Services is responsible for leading the creative vision, strategy, direction and project management of creative projects, including ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning, development and execution of OCAD University’s (OCAD U) creative services strategy
- Manage the ongoing planning, design, production, integration and development of creative service projects across multiplatform environments
- Oversee scheduling of all creative activities, including moving them through various stages of development; use project management software/solutions as needed to keep track of all job statuses
- Oversee and manage the Creative Services team and perform supervisory duties, including goal setting, performance management, coaching and fostering professional development
- Act as the main point of contact for Creative Service requests, assess strategic needs and clearly set expectations, deliverables and work back schedules
- Effectively manage project timelines and vocalize challenges to doing so, while effectively working with team members to find solutions and ensure timely delivery of requests
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Develop marketing creative strategies by examining client objectives; planning, scheduling, and completing design and production requirements for creative service projects
- Keep clients informed by compiling, analyzing, and reporting results; forwarding plan projections and updates
- Facilitate the procurement process for outsourced production of creative services as required, manage projects and oversee required vendor /partner/freelance relationships
- Oversee the adherence to organizational brand and visual identity across all creative projects and ensure that the university’s image is consistently and appropriately represented internally and externally
- Oversee and manage all graphic design, video, photography and multimedia creative service projects for OCAD U initiatives, including prioritization of creative projects and detailed follow up with the creative team on job progress and with internal clients and stakeholders for deadlines/necessary information
- Work closely withdesigners, artists, copywriters, videographers, and digital and communication team members to create a vision for creative projects
- Plan and oversee the creative process and give guidance to the creative services team
- Develop creative processes and strategic procedures to ensure that the creative services meet the strategic objectives of OCAD University
- Improve creative project quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing creative processes; implement changes
- Help clients and stakeholders by answering questions and responding to requests in a timely and organized manner
- Plan the strategy and mechanisms to provide the required training to a wide range of stakeholders, in order to support institutional development, strategy and delivery of creative services
- Support the Chief Marketing Officer in other related creative tasks that contribute to the successful operation of Marketing & Communications
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (i.e. technology, design, digital media or creative marketing)
- A minimum of eight (8) of years of experience in creative management, leadership, account management or related roles; agency experience a strong asset
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in project management and a strong proven track record of project management, with experience and delivering on time and on budget
- Project Management Professional (PMP) an asset
- Project-related experience including scheduling, reporting, risk/issue management, and financial/benefits management
- Proven supervisory experience and managing work teams
- Proven ability to develop client and stakeholder relationships
- An intimate understanding of design, copy, video and web best practices/guidelines
- Excellent management and leadership skills, including strong communication and team building skills
- A strong understanding of brand development, marketing strategy and integrated multiplatform marketing concepts
- Comfortable interacting with clients and internal staff alike
- Strong persuasive skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines with conflicting priorities
- An understanding of and a desire to improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and participate collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability and track record of building strong relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and proven ability to deal effectively with a diverse population
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, for a total of 35 hours per week.
This position is subject to budgetary approval.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with a cover letter by selecting "Apply for this Position" below, no later than Friday, January 6, 2016 by 4pm.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of equity-seeking groups to self-identify within their cover letter in their application.
In order to alleviate the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators, priority in hiring will be given to qualified racialized and Indigenous persons who self-identify as such in the application process. This initiative is a special program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OCAD University is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U's Policy on Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.