Manager, Brand and Cross Promotion (English Services) - TOR08144
Job Family: Communications
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
An exciting opportunity for a strategic marketing leader to assist in building and achieving CBC’s brand-building and cross-promotional objectives with a primary focus on network brand, audience experiences and large project coordination by ensuring the delivery of strategic and comprehensive marketing and communications plans in collaboration with teams across Canada. Your experience demonstrates drive and initiative, creativity, strategic thinking and a firm knowledge and understanding of industry best practices, as well as sound judgment and consistency. You’re equally comfortable in both a highly collaborative environment and working independently. You value diversity of thought and experience and strive to create a work culture that is highly collaborative, inclusive and respectful.
As a Marketing Manager, you'll act as a cross-functional leader to help shape the future of CBC’s brand in collaboration with our publicity, creative and content teams, guiding the strategic process to translate ideas into industry leading campaigns that generate measurable results. If you have passion for marketing and enjoy working in an ever-changing environment, this is the role for you.
- Contribute to the development and planning of CBC’s brand development and campaign roll-outs through objective setting, leading team collaborations, strategic planning and asset management
- Works collaboratively with network creative team(s) and extended branding project teams on brand development and direction, and provides oversight on brand application and use, cross-platform and cross-function, ensuring the implementation and management of all CBC brand elements and associated campaigns on all platforms
- Collaborate on overall content marketing strategies in support of identified channels and priorities including providing guidance on specific tactics, delivery and measurement
- Liaise with external clients, agencies and product teams to identify and capitalize on new audience engagement opportunities which contribute to success and enhance CBC’s brand in communities across Canada
- Help to enable the expression and execution of priority programming, national projects and partnerships across all programming units, including Entertainment, Sports, News, Local, Current Affairs, Digital + Content Verticals
- Advocates for and ensures all teams have clear sightlines and clear communications with Marketing to share best practices and provide insight & guidance against strategies
- Creates new and participates in existing processes and working groups to champion priorities, streamline information, asset sharing and service content teams and business units with close collaboration with PR, Marketing and Creative teams
- Helps to surface and enable local impact initiatives at the national level through content diversification, audience segmentation and through identified network opportunities
- Initiates collaboration between SMDs, Local Communications Managers, to explore deeper integration of community and engagement across all platforms, in support of network brand strategy
- Anticipate future requirements and determine appropriate action, ensuring that implementation and management of plans both support priorities and effectively leverage resources
- Provide thought leadership and industry insights to support/ lead special projects, new initiatives and innovation opportunities
- Provide direction to staff in order to achieve desired results. Advise, guide, and assess performance. Participate in discipline when required
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing/Advertising or related discipline
- Knowledge of Canadian and global content
- Minimum 5-7 years experience delivering professional integrated marketing services
- Relevant experience must include strategic account management including brand management, issues management, digital marketing, and paid advertising; project management experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of the media industry, CBC programming, competitors' activities and operations, and ability to gain a solid understanding of various CBC departmental activities in order to facilitate cross-promotion and integrated strategies
- Experience working with and leading external vendors and agency relationships.
- Creative and strategic thinker, with superior writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to effectively maximize available resources.
- Sound judgment with excellent decision making skills.
- Successful at managing multiple projects simultaneously while working with tight deadlines.
- Championing diverse perspectives and ideas, and differing points of view is critical.
- Ability to travel on occasion as well as work long and/or irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, as per project requirements
At CBC, we recognize that everyone has a different path when it comes to building their skills. We value diversity of thought and of experience. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning, and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications.
Candidates may be asked to complete testing as part of this recruitment.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.