Summary of Job: The incumbent within this role will be responsible for leading the user experience team and all design phases of website and mobile projects. This role will work very closely with Product Managers, the Lead Information Architect and Development team. Responsible for the UX and graphic execution of all website functionality this role will contribute to concept and design of brief. Owning and developing the style guide of our websites as well as improving overall user experience is expected within this role. Key Areas of Responsibility:This position will work cross functionally with technical teams as well as information architects to create and develop new products as well as re-energize existing products on our websites and mobile applications. Liaising on a consistent basis with the Director, Trader Marketplace, Product Managers and technical groups throughout a project to ensure design concepts are successful in terms of the look, feel and functionality. Ensuring that the design does in fact communicate the intended message and brand identity. Measuring success using KPI Metrics. Executing on and responsible for the ownership of the style guide for our websites and mobile applications. Consistently using methodologies for user centered design.
Lead and mentor the design team. Establish and manage to objectives. Establish and maintain core processes and ensure efficient operation of the team
- Highly Influential and can command an audience.
- Experience with presenting to Executive level management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Project Management experience
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Highly creative and developed sense of art direction.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Ability to adapt and initiate change.
- Functions autonomously with speed of execution and precision.
- Strong business acumen
- University degree or college diploma in relevant studies or equivalent work experience. (R)
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing Communications and Graphic Design.
- Expert knowledge of Quark, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Mac OS and PC environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Worked within a fast paced commercial on-line environment using web based applications such as Flash and Dreamweaver.
- Vast experience in working on high volume transaction websites
- Experience in working in a commercial environment and multimillion dollar user sites.