If you are interested in public broadcasting and strive to take pride in what you do, look no further. This is the place for you. The national public broadcaster CBC/Radio-Canada will give you the opportunity to work on projects you wouldn't find anywhere else.
Provides writing and editing services to support CBC/Radio-Canada's technology team and Technology Strategy Board. Provides writing services to fulfill correspondence requirements on behalf of Corporate Communications and Senior Management including the President and the Chair of the CBC/Radio-Canada Board of Directors. Candidate will also be responsible for drafting notes to staff, Internet and Intranet copy, news releases, blog postings, fact sheets, letters as well as all other possible communications vehicles not listed above. Candidate will be privy to confidential and sensitive information relating to organizational restructuring, budget constraints, strategy, financial impacts and matters pertaining to labour relations relating to all affiliations.
Activities in this role include:
- Works with Client Services, Corporate Communications, to enhance the profile of the Corporation's technology team and Technology Strategy Board. Tasks include writing technology-related articles for the employee portal and the Corporate blog, providing editing assistance for the online Technology Review magazine, and other related tasks as required
- Collaborates with the Writing Team to write correspondence, primarily in French
- Researches, drafts and edits a variety of corporate documents, many on behalf of Senior Management, including the President and the Chair of the Board. These may include notes to staff, Internet and Intranet copy, news releases, fact sheets and blog posts, as well as all other possible communications vehicles not mentioned in the above list
- Develops, initiates and provides multi-media content to support Corporate Communications. These may include podcasts, video clips, photos and interactive features.
- University degree in communications or related discipline, and/or college diploma and work experience in the communications field
- Excellent French writing and editing skills
- Bilingual (English, French)
- Ability to write in English
- Experience writing for the web
- Experience comparing English and French texts
- Good knowledge of communications theories for internal and external audiences
- Awareness of and interest in emerging broadcast/production technologies
- Mature analytical judgment
- Strong computer skills (Word, Ektron, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Internet, Intranet)
- Experience interviewing subjects in both official languages would be an asset
- High level of interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive information
- Requires accuracy and attention to details
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadians in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting the country's diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from people of any wealth of cultures, linguistic and ethnocultural communities, gender, sexual orientations, ages, religions and those with different abilities.