With offices in Vancouver and New York, we’re a team of strategists, creatives, and engineers, driven by a passion for crafting influential brand experiences that cross web, mobile, and social platforms. Based on a collective appreciation for brand strategy, user experience, design, and technology, we’re uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
As a Jr. Interactive Designer with 1-2 years of experience, you’ll work with senior designers, UX strategists and developers to create beautiful experiences for mobile, desktop, campaign and app assignments. You are comfortable working with the usual Adobe CS toolset, including Photoshop and Illustrator and bring a few more to the table. You’re also a solid communicator and can explain the rationale of your design decisions succinctly with openness to feedback.
While you understand visual design language, your goal will be to immerse yourself in the creative process of the agency and understand where the goal posts are for great design and how to get there. You’ve already grasped that planning and thinking about your ideas in the abstract before leaping into Adobe CS is a good thing. Lastly, you’re exceptionally organized and disciplined in your work habits. This shows up in a strong portfolio that would ideally demonstrate the evolution of your contribution to final designs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with the interactive design lead, project managers and other staff to support the delivery of creative across a broad range of assignments
- Assist in creative research and brainstorming when required
- Elaborate on design directions provided by creative leads and follow designs through production to an impeccable standard.
- Be mindful of project limitations while pushing the boundaries where appropriate; This includes an appreciation for UX and technical requirements as well as budget and schedule constraints
- Balance the above with a clear appreciation for the goals and objectives of our clients, as well as those of the agency including quality and innovation and agency culture
- Candidates should be residents of Greater Vancouver or willing to relocate. International candidates may be considered
- Minimum 1-2 years experience designing for the web, ideally in an agency setting
- Knowledge of current trends in design such as responsive grids, mobile viewport design and design for native apps platforms
- Candidates with an online portfolio of real client work will be favored
- Solid communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas
- Self starters with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the hard work required to solve creative challenges preferred
The Agency offers the following compensation package:
- Competitive salary
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Winter holiday closure (in addition to vacation time)
- Focused yet casual work environment and company culture