Glacier media is looking for a seasoned, diverse, and talented web designer. The position requires a creative and analytical self-starter who thrives in a collaborative team environment. In this position, you will play a key creative role in support of online production and development initiatives for various digital projects.
Main areas of responsibility will include website design, online concept development, wireframe / presentation / storyboarding, and production of rich media elements. This role has a broad mandate and will include everything from print and online ad building to complex information architecture and CSS site design work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design large-scale and high traffic consumer facing website.
- Design and develop world class user experiences.
- Create detailed specifications, wireframes and visual mockups.
- Design and delivery of various advertising initiatives.
- Ensure that websites have consistent style sheets.
- Effectively delivery quality design work.
- Contribution towards brand identity and usability initiatives.
- Collaboration with immediate colleagues and cross-functional team.
- Delivery of projects to identified timelines.
- Key contributions to marketing and sales promotions including online media and print.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in web and interactive user experience design
- Expertise in cross-browser development & web usability
- Strong information architecture skills including wireframes, site maps and process flow
- Strong creative and technical skills including color theory, typography, layout, user interface design and production techniques.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of best practices in user-centered design
- Strong visual design skills, ability to think conceptually about design, present excellent problem solving skills and exercise the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Experience designing within content management systems an asset
- Good understanding of web publishing tools, CSS, DHTML and CMS/editing applications such as Dreamweaver;
- Knowledge of online production processes, including image optimization and browser compatibility;
- Good understanding of GUI design, website usability and user-centered design;
- Proven task prioritization abilities to juggle deliverables on several simultaneous projects and ability to meet regular and strict deadlines; ability to be decisive;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a fast-moving team; excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Proficiency with Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and In Design, Visio, PowerPoint, Dreamweaver
- Proficient in creating CMYK Print ads and marketing materials
- Strong writing skills and communication skills
Education, qualifications and Special Training
- 4 - 5 years of diverse design experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in user interface design, human factors design, human-computer interaction, industrial design or equivalent experience
- Demonstration of strong background in web 2.0 and beyond
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results is required
- Ability to listen and respond objectively to new ideas
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a high pressure, ever changing environment
- Ability to work with a wide range of functions across the company and personalities
- Sense of humor
Glacier offers candidates competitive base salary and ability to earn an annual bonus as well as excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage.