Are you detail oriented with a passion for design? Do you dream in CMYK and pantone swatches?
Shark Club – Sports | Bar | Grill is hiring an Intermediate Graphic Designer to join our small but mighty Marketing team based in our corporate offices in trendy Kitsilano. In this role, you will work with a team to support our stores and help express the new, vibrant Shark Club brand.
The person that is best suited for this role has a passion for design, communication, phenomenal organizational skills, is at their best working as part of a team and has a genuine desire support your team in working towards a common goal. You will work with a tight-knit group on all marketing materials for 12 Shark Club locations across Canada and the UK. A sense of fun balanced by a strong work ethic is a must for this position, as is a sense of urgency.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
Shark Club – Sports | Bar | Grill is a family-owned chain of sports-focused restaurants throughout Canada and the UK. The original Shark Club is located here in Vancouver on Georgia Street, and is the flagship store that just received a major facelift and new branding. We have big plans – with expansion into Eastern Canada and the US on the horizon. Opportunity awaits!
- Create and manage visuals for all promotional materials that are launched throughout the season
- Ensure all materials are press-ready and on-brand within tight deadlines
- Develop relationships with vendors to obtain the best prices for printing and creative production
- Create visuals for website and online advertising
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Have an acute eye for detail and strong communication skills
- Skills in photo-editing, colour theory and typography
- Ability to keep up with industry trends
- Being the brand watch-dog
- Provide support to marketing department
- Education: Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- 3+ years experience with a portfolio showing both print and web design work
- Strong conceptual, design, collaborative and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple projects from start to finish
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with a basic understanding of digital platforms