Canada Wide Media is looking to hire an Interactive Web Designer for a maternity leave replacement (1 year contract).
The Interactive Designer is responsible for creating effective, attractive and usable design solutions and user experiences for Canada Wide Media’s digital products.
The Interactive Designer has a strong understanding of interactive design principles, usability and online branding issues, and applies those principles to digital products including individual websites, the Drupal CMS in general, eNewsletters, custom sites and internal promotions.
- Oversee general look and feel of all digital products
- Understand what appeals to different target audiences
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Create and present effective design solutions for web sites, web elements, web features, advertisements and custom projects
- Has demonstrated successful design and integration, and the delivery of projects on time and within the given budget.
- Consult with stakeholders on project requirements and present concepts, mockups and agreed-upon deliverables to project sponsors
- Be able to work well within the limits of various brand guidelines that exist with a particular project
- Create and maintain documented design standards (style guides) for all digital products
- Collaborate with editorial staff to ensure effective functional design
- Contribute to navigational design of websites
- Work with development team to create CSS for web designs
- Document architecture and interaction designs using industry standard methods
- Maintain high standard of user interface design work
- Research and communicate new and emerging design trends and processes relevant to digital products
- Be flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria
- Create internal and external client ads as required
- Adhere to internal processes and standards to ensure the creation of quality, profitable and on-time work
- Consistently meets and exceeds expectations on delegated work with minimal changes required
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Estimate work accurately
- Manage multiple assignments and tasks with a predictable level of quality
- Review all work with Digital Media Operations Manager or Digital Project Manager
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- At least two years’ experience of designing rich media websites
- Advanced experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver and InDesign
- Advanced knowledge of CSS
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and XHTML
- Knowledge of Flash is an asset
- Knowledge of Drupal and PHP is an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of English
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills a must
- Excellent organizational skills
Expected start date: 6 September 2011