Are you an interactive designer looking to grow your career at a leading retail marketing company in Western Canada? Are you energetic, creative and excited by new challenges? Do you love fashion, marketing to women and innovation in digital communications? Do you get shoppers? Yes? Then Suburbia (www.suburbiaadvertising.com) could be the perfect fit for you.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in concept development (concept, comp, wireframe) through to final production / implementation / maintenance of creative assets such as websites, microsites, online advertising, mobile, social media, email marketing, and video. You are on top of relevant technology trends and developments related to websites, social media, mobile, email marketing and online advertising.
The desired candidate must be proficient in the following:
- Design and interactive experience in an agency (traditional or digital) setting or in-house with a fashion brand.
- Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash (6-9), Premiere
- Content management including Drupal and Wordpress
- Develop and deploy email campaigns via Campaign Monitor
- Design fundamentals, comp development, wireframe creation, prototype expression
- Working knowledge and understanding of good user interface design
- Testing and quality assurance processes
- Video creation and editing including experience with After Effects and Premiere
- Positive, upbeat perspective on work and life – your glass is half full, not half empty!
- Self-starter, able to work well independently with minimal supervision AND as part of a team
- Effective working in a smaller company setting that includes mostly senior staff
- Able to work quickly and manage multiple projects with tight timelines – working well under pressure is critical
- Present and defend ideas in a thoughtful and compelling manner
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Love retail, shopping, communications that target women
Location and Salary
The position is based in beautiful Victoria, BC. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.