Concept and craft thoughtful digital interfaces for a broad range of websites, from small marketing campaigns to complex web applications.
Domain7 is a digital agency on a mission to humanize the web.
We love people. We’re not satisfied with delivering the status quo. We focus on making webthings that people talk about and share. Our work is brave and leading edge, and we’re incredibly good at what we do.
We have offices in Vancouver, BC and Seattle, WA, but we work with clients all over the world. We rolled out our first website back in 1997. The web has evolved so much since then, and so have we—we’ve grown to nearly 50 employees, we use different tools, and we collaborate in ways we only dreamed would be possible 17 years ago. Our clients have evolved too—as we’ve grown our team and expertise, we’ve had the opportunity to partner with national and international brands like TELUS, Mountain Equipment Co-op, Earls Restaurant Group, Imperial College London, the United Way and the YMCA. What hasn’t changed is our passion for people and desire to find solutions for actual human problems, using the web.
You take strong personal initiative, aren’t afraid to take risks and challenge the status quo, and have a strong sense of pride and ownership in your work.
You are obsessed with photography, art and design. You dream in grids and typography. You believe in craft and quality while analyzing every detail. You believe in and respect humanity’s intelligence. Whether drawing, painting, shooting, writing, coding, designing or studying, you are creating all the time. You consider yourself first and foremost an interface designer, but you aren’t limited in what you can or want to do.
You are not dogmatic about the tools and technologies you use in your work. You are obsessed with exploring and learning new ways of doing things.
You have heroes in several design, art and creative industries that you desire to emulate and rival in your own work.
You will think conceptually, create relentlessly, and produce prolifically with insane passion, discipline and dedication to your craft.
You are an advocate for the end user. You believe strongly that all design, technology and business decisions should be funneled through the filter of whether or not we can accomplish a fantastic experience for the end user.
- Think strategically and understand deeply all aspects of creating a great user experience in an interface: usability, layout, animation, tone, user workflow, form design, media implementation, long-form reading experience, resource organization, navigation systems, and accessibility
- Share your vision for an interface at a rudimentary level: low-fidelity sketches that showcase big ideas
- Share your vision for an interface at an extremely detailed level: high fidelity mockups that showcase desired animations and interactions
- Create and communicate aspects of user experience, including user models, behavior, flows and the influence of aesthetics across various form factors
- Assess and analyze design consistency across platforms and user interaction
- Establish and refine design language and patterns
- Evangelize new discoveries about your craft internally and externally
- Work closely within a team of designers, developers, project managers, and content strategists
- Strong foundation in grid and typographic systems, color theory and art/design history
- Strong communication skills: clear articulation of ideas, comfort in presenting, pitching, writing, and public speaking
- Strong foundation in interface design
- Strong ability to draw/sketch ideas
- Strong level of proficiency with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop (or Fireworks)
- Experience in concepting, designing and producing brand experiences
- Experience in mobile app design
- The energy, interest and commitment to own your role beyond the job description
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in one or more of the following: motion design, filmmaking, illustration, typeface design, photography, fine art