This is an exciting time at the Star Media Group (SMG) as we strive to bring our award-winning, ground-breaking and impactful journalism to a new tablet product that we envision becoming a world leader for tablet-based delivery of news content.
This cutting edge tablet product will create a compelling, innovative and interactive platform that enhances the way we will engage with and excite our readers. Through this enhanced experience, our audience will experience a brand new way of digital story telling in the modern age.
Come and join us as we transform the way content is consumed on tablets.
What you will do…
Star Media Group is building a new interactive studio in its Digital Department. We are seeking designers to work on interactive advertising projects with a good design eye and strong technical skills! If you are a creative individual looking to grow with an established corporation with a start-up mind set, get your hands dirty, and provide your insight in all aspects of mobile and web products, as well as all aspects of user experience and visual communication, then contact us!
The Designer – Interactive Advertising is responsible for the conceptualizing and designing of marketing initiatives for the Toronto Star’s advertisers in a manner consistent with their needs, objectives, philosophy, brand and image.
- You will conceptualize and design advertising concepts that will:
- Support our advertisers and be featured in the tablet product
- Be consistent with the advertiser’s needs, image, budget and the publication’s editorial style
- Be based on strategic goals and messaging
- Formulate a compelling advertising message
- Present advertising concepts to the advertiser
- Understand and comply with the digital products and technical requirements
- Design and create a finished advertisement, using the advertising concept approved by the advertiser
- Design a visually attractive and convincing advertisement:
- Consistent with the publication’s editorial style
- Respects the technical requirements of the digital product
- Flows seamlessly from the reader’s point of view
- Reviews and ensures the highest quality of the final advertisement
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree in graphic design or related field
- 2-5 years of experience advertising agency or as a freelancer
- Strong and diverse portfolio of web design, graphic design, branding and identity development, advertising and other visual arts
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS and asset
- Highly creative vision with an affinity for aesthetics and design
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work autonomy
- Knowledge of social and web media trends
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, to work on several simultaneous projects and deliver on-time
- Work under pressure in a fast-pace environment and against tight deadlines