At Blast Radius, we are inspired by a vision of strategy, technology and design working in harmony to create innovative, profitable experiences. We’ve won awards for our work, for the way we manage our company and for the way we treat our employees, but our greatest reward is the growing list of global brands who turn to us time and time again for results they can count on.
Our Vancouver office is presently looking for an Interface Developer on contract starting in January 2015. Onsite work is required.
What is this role all about?
The Interaction Designer works closely with Creative Directors and other Design, Strategy, and Technical professionals to imagine, create and document the user experience. The Interaction Designer works on projects of limited scope and complexity or on larger projects under the supervision of a more senior IxD.
What are the key responsibilities of this role?
- Work closely with account and business strategy teams to assist in research & requirements gathering; supporting site strategies, competitive analysis, user profiles, and scenarios or other research as applicable
- Create interactive journeys, pathways, critical paths that account for different users, various abilities, multiple circumstances and contexts
- Contribute as a collaborative team member with creative direction, designers, project management, strategist, and technologist to create impactful design that supports business, brand, and customer
- Produce sketches, prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, scenarios, flow diagrams, and site maps to effectively communicate design intent
- Work end to end from synthesizing upfront strategy and deriving insights to working with visual designers to ensure the design intent of the interaction is met
- Maintain professional development through global or local Interaction Design community groups
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Candidates should have 2-5 years of professional experience designing interactive experiences with strong information visualization skills, prototyping skills, and usability knowledge
- A related degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Arts and Technology, Cognitive Psychology or a related design discipline
- Proficiency in diagramming software such as Visio, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, etc. for creating site maps and flow charts and Axure or Fireworks for Prototyping interaction
- Have experience in designing engaging web experiences with a portfolio that matches. Designing for mobile a plus.
- Consistent attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
- Have ‘depth’ in interaction design and information architecture with ‘breadth’ in web technologies, psychology and visual design.
- Are well versed in user-centered design and will be an advocate for the user throughout the project lifecycle
- An ability to innovate and problem solve
- An ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- An ability to communicate ideas to a diverse non-technical audience and constructively integrate feedback
- An avid reader, follower, and conference attender of everything UX. Curious about emerging technologies and how it can improve the user experience