Active Network (NYSE: ACTV), is the leading provider of organization-based cloud computing applications. Active Network provides technology to organizations throughout the world that run activities or manage facilities. From online registration to transaction processing to marketing services, Active drives an increase in attendance and revenue for our clients. Our comprehensive event, participant, and resource management solutions are designed to help organizations simplify business operations and reduce costs. We make it easier to get things done and because of that, our clients are more profitable and more focused on their efforts within the local community.
We are looking for a highly inspired and very experienced Interaction Designer to build intuitive, and emotionally compelling solutions that power the world's activities and connect people with the things they love, want and need to do. You should be excited about helping businesses operate smarter and millions of people get more active.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You focus on the essential details while keeping the big picture in mind
- Complex systems fascinate you, but you focus on simplicity and elegance
- You are visionary and explore the boundaries of what's possible but you are also pragmatic and understand what is feasible in a given situation
- You employ user centered design practices and principles to create world-class, brand-leading experiences
- You will have a strong background in the definition of interaction paradigms, user flows and behaviors as well as the development of information architecture on both web and mobile platforms.
- You are able to efficiently document and communicate the essentials of your design to be clearly understood by product managers and developers through detailed and structured wireframe specifications
- Must work closely with User Research to better understand the user and their needs, then to test the usability of your designs to ensure that they meet product, business, and user requirements
- Partner with talented Visual Designers to turn your wireframes into engaging and innovative high fidelity mock-ups
- At least 3 years of solid industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role, designing GUI’s for web and mobile applications
- Advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Design, Cognitive Psychology or other related discipline
- Must possess a solid working experience with ap ropriate prototyping and design tools including; Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, Visio, OmniGraffle, etc.
- You are experienced in designing for desktop/web as well as mobile interfaces and usage paradigms
- We expect an appreciation of agile ways of working - putting an emphasis on short, iterative release cycles. You should have experience of working in this manner and also on how best to integrate design into the sprints in a meaningful way to deliver the best quality results.
- Should have experience with international and localization design considerations
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams a must
- Portfolio required
“Nice to Have” Skills:
- Working knowledge of visual design and typography principles
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, AJAX, and Flash