Our User Experience Designers form part of a team responsible for the design and evolution of both the Store Client and the Developer Experience for Mobile Phones. We are responsible not only for designing evolving the store, but also for helping developers and publishers fill the store with great content. Mobile phones, in comparison to Smart Phones that have become predominant in Western Countries, represent the future for the evolution of hand held devices in developing countries. Nokia leads both in market share and in innovation for mobile phones, and we are continuing this tradition by providing app stores that are useful, usable and relevant to these evolving markets. Designing the store for emerging markets offers designers a rare and exciting opportunity to start the design process at the beginning and to define the end to end experience.
Our team is responsible for the following areas:
- All store clients on various devices in the portfolio
- Browser based versions of the store
- Working on the evolution of the developer portal (developer.nokia.com)
- Developing an integrated developer support tool- both for developers and publishers
- Reviewing developer applications and providing design feedback and help; and
- reviewing submissions for the Nokia developer cash awards.
Task: The User Experience team is responsible for defining and documenting the UI for Store Client (which is seen by consumers) and also for the interfaces used by the developers and publishers who develop content for the store. The team produces specifications that can be used Leading with specific concepts that influence the next UI evolution for Mobile Phone services. The team produces design concepts will be developed into delightful products and features and that enable the long-term competitiveness of Nokia Mobile Phones. What is unique and exciting about this role is the aspiration to create an entirely updated experiences on multiple platforms that evolve iconic experiences that ship in high volume. This will be an intense effort that integrates back end server architecture and the intersection for great experience design and user needs..
We need you to be passionate about user experience design and tactfully persuasive in helping your team deliver great designs.
Culturally, this role also contributes to:
- The simplification of specifications based on common components, keyframe files, dimensioned redlines in illustrator or similar creative tools and prototypes as opposed to prescriptive tools and complex written specifications and processes previously used in Nokia
- Participation in creating an open creative studio culture
- Sharing of competitive information and insights about the market and customers
- Participating in usability testing, and using the results to iterate your designs.
- Deep participation in end to end quality and identifying bugs
- Cross functional sharing with Engineering to make delivery streamlined and also with marketing for the communication of our design values. This makes it clear how our experience can be positioned.
The job requires to work with the local stakeholders (PM, R&D, and UX) as well as global stakeholders (other designers, developers, etc.). The job will require strong communication skills.
- Portfolio of compelling interaction design work.
- Degree in human factors, HCI, interaction design or similar
- Great collaboration and communications skills (verbal and written English).
- Ability to travel internationally
- Experience within a global organization.
- Experience in working with large companies with many stakeholders.
- Experience designing and working with developers for mobile ecosystems like Nokia series 40, 60, Meego, iOS or Android.
- Experience in designing for customers outside of North America/ Western Europe.
- Experience of working on agile development projects.
- Experience in design for small (mobile) screens.
- Experience with online marketing/ sales/ development of online purchase experiences.