HEAD OF PRODUCT MARKETING
Influitive needs an amazing product marketer and we’ll adjust the title based on just how much you blow our doors off in the interview process. Do you operate at a strategic level and have a ton of experience at SaaS category creators? Make it “Senior Director.” Are you an ambitious go-getter who can create sharp content, work with sales and take on big projects? Fill in “Manager.” Let’s not get hung up on the title just yet. Let’s focus on the job and you.
Product marketing has a pretty fluid definition, depending on the company. Sometimes it’s positioning, messaging, packaging and pricing. Sometimes it’s sales enablement. Sometimes it’s getting products from ideation to revenue in the most efficient way possible. Frankly, we need all of those, which makes this role equal parts challenging and exhilarating. So I’m going to do my best here to lay out the qualities we are seeking in candidates.
This job is for you if you:
- Can survey the universe of opportunities before Influitive and help us prioritize those that offer clear alignment with our strategic objectives and deliver results. Should we go enterprise? Should we move into adjacent markets? Are we making the right friends and picking the right enemies? What part of the martech stack do we own and how do we get there? These are the big, hairy questions, and you’re anxious to get into those discussions.
- Can simultaneously work with passionate stakeholders from the executive team, sales, product, customer success and marketing, understanding the POV of each, but miraculously retaining the customers’ wants and needs as a critical lynchpin in all decisions.
- Are equal parts ‘gut instinct’ and data-driven. All marketing has some foundation in analysis, but let’s face it: product marketing needs right brain thinking. It needs language, copy and content that triggers an emotional response; that inspires action. Do you need to know data on product adoption rates, sales by product SKU, win rates vs. competitors? Yes. But we also need a Don Draper-like messaging instinct. More on that below.
- Can work with influencers, analysts, opinion-makers, commentators and external stakeholders of all stripes, nurturing each relationship towards a public recognition of advocate marketing as the HOT new category and Influitive as the unquestioned leader.
- See a ‘wall of words’ product description and quickly cast off the jargon, hype and bullshit, distilling it down to its essential, irrefutable value proposition. YOU can spot the key benefits of our products in dozens of use cases and business scenarios and articulate those benefits brilliantly in content and collateral, presentations, sales tools, website copy, demo scripts, videos and more.
- Can create order from disorder. We’re a startup – we don’t have everything figured out and there’s a lot of chaos at times. But we also just closed our B round. That means we’re going “move fast and break shit” to “move fast and scale the business.” If you thrive in an environment where you work collaboratively to create efficiencies, simplify taxing processes, improve communication, develop feedback loops, this is your dream job.
- Are one with the customer. Not just “customer-centric.” You ARE the customer. In a white paper you can eloquently articulate the CMO POV on advocacy. In a sales call, you speak to the ambition of that customer marketer. In a product meeting you can passionately articulate the pains our power users feel. And you know this can’t be faked, either. It must be learned through constant interaction with marketers. Over the phone, on sales calls, at trade show booths, through surveys. Of course, for you, this work isn’t tedious – it’s enlightening and energizing. Communication is core to what you do and who you are. (BONUS: if you take this gig, we provide a direct, instantaneous line of communication to more than 200 customers. It’s a nice perk.)
If you’ve gotten this far, you know what the job entails. But just to make it ‘official’, below is that standard job description that you already know by heart:
This position is responsible for the positioning, messaging, and sales support for Influitive’s advocate marketing solutions. The successful candidate will have extensive enterprise software product marketing experience, with an emphasis on aligning solutions to business issues and vertical industry needs. Up-to-date knowledge of the marketing software marketplace is preferred. He/she will have hands-on experience creating product marketing deliverables and enabling the field to sell new products and solutions.
What we’d like you to do:
- Create the Go-To-Market (GTM) plans based on business solutions and vertical industries; align marketing plans with overall Integrated Marketing Plan. GTM plans and activities include:
- Ideal customer/buyer profile
- Product messaging as part of the overall Key Message Platform
- Datasheets, presentations, ROI tools, white papers, demos
- Product naming, pricing, packaging and promotion plans
- Evangelize offerings to customers, prospects, industry analysts, and channels through speaking engagements, webinars, trade shows, etc.
- Work with marketing programs team to generate content and materials for marketing campaigns, website, etc.
- Be the business owner for one or more market segments and vertical industries
- Manage product launches internally and externally
- Be a credible spokesperson and demonstrator of the Influitive product and services suite
- Assist in updating and maintaining company website content with new positioning and messaging
What an amazing candidate looks like:
- 5-7 years experience in B2B enterprise software (delivered via SaaS or on-premise) product marketing, product management, solution consulting, and/or sales
- Creative problem solver with ability to work independently; Focused, results-driven temperament
- Strong planning skills and ability to multitask several projects simultaneously
- A superior communicator who is a strong, out-going leader and builder of consensus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, specifically creating product messaging and effective presentations
- Detail-oriented, organized and capable of deriving meaningful information from disparate data
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25% of the time
What you’ll get from us
At Influitive, you’ll find an empowering environment where people are inspired to do great work, learning and developing quickly as professionals as they fundamentally change the way modern marketing works. (Check out our Glassdoor page to see what this looks like in action in the words of our advocates – our employees.) In addition, you’ll get some awesome perks, such as a MacBook Air, catered lunches 3X/wk, a learning and development budget, and a comfy Influitive hoodie. We offer every full-time employee competitive compensation including performance bonuses, generous benefits from day one, and stock options in the company.