Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Our Marketing team helps translate our business objectives into effective communications. Whether it’s developing marketing program or measuring digital and social media campaign results, this team’s focus is sharing the TD story with the world while protecting the Bank’s brand.
Imaginative thinking, strategic reasoning and an enthusiasm for developing relationships are all essential for the success of our business – and how we communicate within it. In order to share our message in an authentic and compelling way, our people combine their innovative spirit and ambition with a strong passion for the TD culture.
The Marketing team collaborates with partners and stakeholders across the business to create communication that reflects the mission and values of the Bank. Above all, they seek to deliver messaging that resonates and build relationships that matter. Our Marketing team connects with our global employees – and our customers – every day. It’s a big responsibility, but it’s one that is embraced with pride.
Technology is embedded in every facet of marketing from digital content to data-driven decision making, to workflow automation and budget management and continues to be a factor in brands’ success for today and especially for the future. This role will report to the CMO and will be responsible for driving marketing technology strategy and roadmap selection, implementation, and adoption of our overall tech stack including: solutions for personalized consumer experiences, consumer data management, digital asset management, marketing analytics, enterprise community (Salesforce Chatter), API strategy, workflow, automation and emerging technologies. This position interfaces with multiple end user groups, including Digital Channels, Enterprise Data and Analytics, marketing leadership and the technology management organization (in Canada and the US), working to ensure successful and timely implementation of marketing technology solutions that help drive business impact.
Acting as an internal champion and executive owner for TD's multi-year marketing technology and capabilities program to drive personalized consumer experiences, you will instill a comprehensive vision of how the technologies work together to drive business impact, and manage the transformational program and change necessary for our investments in these technologies to achieve their anticipated impact. You will also educate stakeholders within and outside the marketing organization on new technology advances that can improve business performance. As well, you will be responsible for transforming the outbound marketing interactions to become more enterprise customer-centric to interact with our customers in the moments that matter.
This position requires an expert in the rapidly changing marketing technology ecosystem of capabilities as well as digital marketing solutions and platforms and will be highly visible as you partner across the business. The qualified candidate will own and advance our Mar-Tech stack, optimizing marketing's effectiveness by getting the most out of our technology, data and processes. Provide business-side leadership around our digital transformation efforts and multi-year transformation program, playing a key role in defining our next generation of online and offline marketing solutions.
The team today remains small in its nascence; however, the , Head of Marketing Technology, Architecture & Capabilities will be responsible for building this team, pulling the best from TD's in-house talent as well as from the external market.
S/he will report to: EVP Marketing, CMO
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Driving Strategy for $55MM marketing technology platform supporting North American Marketing capabilities, translating business strategy, designs and concepts into technology delivery imperatives.
- Creating and leading a best in class team to create the transformational multi-year capability roadmap to enable differentiated, cross LOB, cross North America, Marketing Ecosystem transformation initiative including digital transformation and adoption, 1:1 personalization and always on "moment based marketing" and marketing workflow and automation.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance during frequent interactions with Marketing and TD leadership , acting as an advocate for the capability pillar to ensure alignment to the short and long-term roadmap and strategic plan
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic guidance on the emerging and rapidly changing capabilities related to the marketing technology landscape with key focus on digital customer engagement and interaction.
- Work closely with Project Delivery, Channel Delivery and Technology Delivery executive leaders to align on the delivery and sequencing of capabilities to ensure all deliverables are effectively addressed
- Deployment, training and change management for initiatives relating to applications owned and managed
- Managing the Marketing Technology project budgets and project artifacts (ideation, business case, etc)
- Managing Marketing Technology SLA’s, operational monitoring and remediation
- Provide leadership to the vendor selection process and ongoing management of key relationships
- Develop the Marketing Technology capability/infrastructure roadmap (Marketing CEM, EETS, CSTS)
- Operationalizing Marketing's Data Governance program
- Application manager and owner of current North American Marketing Capabilities, including (but not limited to): Unica, Radar, Leads, Sprinklr, Adobe, Radiant 6, Interact, Doubleclick etc
This is a senior role with high expectations; the ideal candidate should have over 15 years of experience in marketing and marketing capabilities. Although technical skills and are foundationally required for this role, this leader will be differentiated in his/her strategic leadership capabilities.
Required skills and experience include:
- Experience managing complex, multi-year cross functional and cross line of business initiatives
- Expertise in stakeholder management across all levels of the organization
- Strong capabilities managing scope and timelines and effectively mitigating program risks to allow for effective business deployment of complex technology program components
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker, with strong conceptual and problem solving skills
- Track record of translating business requirements into action; the ability to solve complex questions and produce meaningful, easy to digest intelligence to support the business agenda
- History of delivering impact and results within groups and organizations, developing and executing on strategies to deliver both short term and long term results
- Motivated to find innovative ways to enhance capability, methodology and practice
- Ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the business and communicate applicable strategies both internally and externally
- Experienced in leading and building effective teams, from the ground up, to deliver superior results in both the short and long term
- Ability to motivate, develop, inspire and empower others to proactively adapt to changing environments
- Promote positive inter-team interactions and bring a high level of enthusiasm to projects
- Working knowledge of general banking / consumer finance products, policies and operations
- In-depth industry knowledge, including current trends in digital marketing and marketing technologies
- Ability to create business cases and explain the business value of projects
- Ability to presently compelling solutions to business problems to senior leaders
- Excellent client relationship skills at the project leadership level, demonstrated effective teamwork, and a track record of consistently exceeding goals
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, build deep relationships with various business groups
- Experienced with working in both a technical and business context and able to translate technical concepts into easy to understand business language
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing is preferred.
Number of Years Experience:15+
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.