We are a group of creative, strategic, digital thinkers with storytelling in our hearts and results front of mind. What makes us unique is our unwavering focus on outdoor sport and tourism, and the integrated online and offline experiences we create for a client roster that is a veritable who’s who in the industry. We play as hard as we work and bring our passions—and gear bags—to the office. We live in arguably two of the coolest places on the planet and collaborate with some of outdoor sports most inspiring filmmakers, photographers, writers, athletes and creatives who share our love for playing outside.
Whether wielding a pen or commanding a mouse, your passion for illustration, logo, identity and production work has a place with us.
JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer
DIRECT REPORT: Art Director / Production Manager
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid per year, plus paid non-stat days between Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Recreation: $500 recreation credit
- Health: Extended medical benefits program
- Training: $500 per year in training (symposium, conferences, classes or other)
The Designer works with the Studio Manager (SD) and Art Director (AD) to fulfill approved design work and complete internal design and production requirements across all channels including online, print and outdoor. The designer must possess superior visual design skills and a strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Indesign, Illustrator & Photoshop). HTML5 and/or strong illustration skills are added bonuses.
- The position combines important design and executional responsibilities. The designer must possess superior visual design and layout skills across all channels
- The designer creates advertising and marketing materials according to strategic plans provided by the Creative Director, and by assignment from the Creative Director, Art Director or Production Manager. Design work may range from concept roll outs and/or original designs with direction provided from an Art Director to basic layout and production
- The designer must understand and adhere to agency job flow and production processes including meticulous file set up, proofing processes, collaboration, and work flow
- The designer must have a strong working knowledge of computer design software and hardware and strives to stay current in level of knowledge and abilities
- The designer must produce all artwork according to the Art Director’s specifications and work with the Production Manager and Art Director to achieve the desired results
- In conjunction with Production Manager, the designer is responsible for ordering digital output when needed, and coordinating digital output and transmissions of pre-press artwork
- The designer must meet established deadlines or provides reasonable notice to Production Manager of special circumstances requiring deadline extension
- The designer is responsible for confirming estimates and allotted time for the production process with the Production Manager
- The designer is responsible for meticulously reviewing all work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for approval
- The designer must be a collaborator and self motivator who welcomes feedback and finds ways to remain engaged and motivated in their job
- Every member of the Origin team is expected to maintain a positive, enthusiastic and engaged attitude!