Boulevard Magazine is Victoria’s leading lifestyle magazine. We have continuously published in Victoria for more than 20 years and in May 2011 increased our publishing calendar from bi-monthly to monthly. We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, creative, and dynamic Graphic Designer to fill a one-year leave as our Art Director, to begin in January 2012.
- Assuming the full duties of Art Director for a year, while seamlessly maintaining and promoting the existing look and feel of the magazine.
- Working with the Managing Editor to plan images and layout to complement and enhance editorial content.
- Working with our Account Managers and their clients to design dynamic print ads that work
- Working with photographers and illustrators to generate impactful images for both advertising and editorial layouts.
- Overseeing and working with the Production Assistant to complete editorial and ad layouts on time and to specification.
- Maintaining an orderly workflow in the publishing and ad proofing system.
- Professionally representing Boulevard at all times.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Adept and experienced with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and InCopy in a PC environment.
- Familiarity with online pre-flight and proofing systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a print environment.
- Ability to create a fresh, clean, creative and elegant magazine that maintains Boulevard’s creative esthetic while contributing to the continual enhancement of that esthetic.
- Ability to promote the seamless transition between Art Directors.