If you are interested in public broadcasting and strive to take pride in what you do, look no further. This is the place for you. The national public broadcaster CBC/Radio-Canada will give you the opportunity to work on projects you wouldn't find anywhere else.
Please note there are two (2) contract positions. The location for these positions is flexible.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, Digital Content for CBC Music, the Designers are responsible for supporting the daily editorial design work on the CBC Music Portal. This includes the assisting with daily creation of images and promo designs for the main page and for the various musical communities of the site.
The candidates must possess a strong design sensibility, have intimate familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator, possess a deep knowledge of a broad range of both Canadian and international music and music culture in general, and be a strong collaborator and team player.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- University degree in Design related field.
- Two years of related experience
- Strong web design sensibility.
- Skilled with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Deep knowledge of a broad variety of both Canadian & international music and music culture in general.
- A strong collaborator and team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment that supports on-air broadcasting and editorial staff.
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadians in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting the country's diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from people of any wealth of cultures, linguistic and ethnocultural communities, gender, sexual orientations, ages, religions and those with different abilities.