Absolute Software has an immediate opening for a skilled Junior Graphic Designer based in our Vancouver, B.C. head office. Reporting to the Manager of Creative Services, this exciting role provides the opportunity to be a key member of a tight creative team within the Global Marketing department of this fast-paced, TSX listed, high-tech company.
We seek a strong visual communicator with a sharp sense of design and type who feels equally comfortable creating for both print and the web. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to work directly with project stakeholders in what can be primarily a production design capacity.
If you are an effective multi-tasker, hit your deadlines, and have a well-developed sense of humour you just may be a great fit for Absolute’s Creative Services team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on projects that span electronic and print media including: brochures, postcards, datasheets, general website design, landing pages, static and animated website banners, email templates, tradeshow booth graphics, presentations, etc.
- Think creatively to produce ideas and solutions that can be expressed visually and explained articulately to project stakeholders
- Work with the rest of the creative team to maintain the organization of a large creative asset library
- Ensure all online designs satisfy the broadest platform spec possible and print-ready files meet specs established by printers.
•Graduate degree or certificate of graphic design•Minimum 2 years experience•Strong and current HTML and CSS skills (HTML5 knowledge a bonus)•Ability to work with different internal stakeholders to conceptualize, design and produce effective graphics and collateral· Thrive working independently with careful attention to detail
· Ability to manage competing interests, deadlines and multiple projects with shifting priorities.
•Team player with drive, dedication, patience and a positive attitude•Ability to define, champion and continually improve the design and development process •Proficient knowledge of the Mac OS X platform and the following related design software:· Adobe Creative Suite (CS6): InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash
· Microsoft Office for Macs and Windows: Entourage (Outlook), Word, Excel, PowerPoint