1-800-GOT-JUNK?, an international $100M+ franchise organization headquartered in Vancouver, is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our creative, fun, tight-knit Marketing team. The Graphic Designer will be asked to conceptualize, design, and create communications material used at the corporate head office (The Junktion), as well as by our Franchise Partners throughout Canada, the US and Australia. This role assists in all design related areas of our business including marketing communications material for print and online.
I am a highly organized, results driven, prioritizing machine who can lead without title and has never been afraid to roll up my sleeves to get the job done. I am a proven graphic designer who has the skill and confidence to manage a design process from start the finish, including working with print and online vendors. I can speak intelligently around all aspects of the marketing process and I get excited when I enter into a conversation about HTML / CSS code. My customer service is exceptional and I always deliver creative solutions that keep my clients happy. I thrive under pressure and I always meet my deadlines. I’m creative, fun (even a little quirky), and I embrace challenges. I am looking to be part of a team with a vision to take the road less travelled and to create something greater together than anyone of us could create alone.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the newest member of the Marketing team, you will be the primary contact and go-to person for Franchise Partners and their print vendors for all creative service requests, with specific responsibilities that will include:
- Creating marketing communications material for print and online, including promotional advertisements, email design, display banners etc.
- Collaborating with Franchise Partners throughout Canada, the US and Australia to assist in all design related areas of their business.
- Assisting in the development and execution of marketing programs and advertising initiatives.
- Owning the administration of marketing needs for Franchise Partners including scheduling and coordinating tradeshow booths.
- Assertively and professionally handling brand management and compliance issues.
- Maintaining the marketing section on a weekly basis on our intranet.
- Maintaining and organizing an asset library of marketing materials.
Success will be defined by the satisfaction of key stakeholder groups
What You’ll Need
- Intermediate knowledge of designing for both print and web and a well-developed understanding of the technical differences between the two
- 1 - 3 years’ experience of offline and interactive advertising experience
- Proven design skills including ad layout, illustrative, editing and manipulating skills
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe CS5- primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Hands-on experience coding in web development environments such as CSS and HTML, plus a thorough understanding of analytics tagging, is required
- Knowledge and experience in a business-to-business environment
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, the Internet and software in general
- A strong, working knowledge of MS Word, Excel
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail
- Good interpersonal, team building skills
- Ability to turn an idea into a deliverable product
- Self-motivated and results orientated