Pedalheads® is a privately-owned company providing trail-blazing programs that promote children’s health and development. The business currently operates instructional biking, swimming and multi-sports camps in twelve cities across Canada and the USA. Through innovative and educationally sound programs since 1986, we have earned a reputation for excellence in the communities that we serve. Currently in a significant growth phase, Pedalheads had 53,000 participants at 120 locations in 2018 with plans to continue expanding. The company has 38 full time and 1600 part time employees with its corporate headquarters in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Pedalheads is looking for a full-time creative Graphic designer. You will be responsible for managing all graphic design elements for the company for both external and internal documents and creatives. Together with the content coordinator you will expand on the new Pedalheads branding strategy to all of our stakeholders and will craft visual communication pieces to help tell an on-going brand story through social media (Facebook and Instagram), email blasts, print, website copy and other internal communication pieces. You will communicate a consistent personality and esthetic for Pedalheads and have a strong flare for design. By all accounts, you are the go-to person for all things visual for the company. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will develop a delivery schedule of graphic work and be expected to meet the deadlines of all pieces required.
Develop creative design concepts, graphics and layouts particularly for advertising to print ready artwork and production
Work within a cross functional team to develop and deliver ideas from concepts to final designs
Create images that convey our brand identity following our brand guidelines
Work with our content coordinator to deliver ads to third party websites in a timely manner
Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas to the team
Keep on top of industry trends and look for ways to elevate your projects
Assist in visually telling the new brand story in a creative, playful and quirky manner
Collaborate to produce pieces as per the communication strategy including a variety of display related pieces
Develop a delivery schedule of graphic design required pieces
Experience creating motion graphics an asset
Work with other departments to create brochures and manuals as needed
- Conceptual Thinker - a great visual storyteller who can translate ideas into innovative and crafted design
- Brand Standards Manager – can maintain and re-purpose all aspects of a brand style guide (logo, color pallet, typography, imagery, brand story, voice)
- Organizer and Planner- plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets efficiently and productively
- Creative Thinker - Possesses creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Graphic Design Tools and Software Expert – is an expert in using tools such as In Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop among others. Has familiarity with production and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, interactive media
- Communicator - has excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Team Player- can collaborate on projects and listens, responds and integrate others’ ideas, participates in team bonding and other group activities
Post Secondary education in web or graphic design or relevant field.
At least 5 years of industry experience.
A portfolio of produced work that demonstrates the ability to get into the mind of the audience and convey an idea in an emotional way.