About Mozilla Foundation & Mozilla Festival
The nonprofit Mozilla Foundation is passionate about the Internet remaining a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto.
The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the globe.
Mozilla Festival(MozFest) is the world’s leading event for and by the open Internet movement, and one of Mozilla Foundation’s largest annual networking opportunities. It’s a seven day extravaganza of interactive workshops, films, art installations and engaging talks across 2 venues in London. The festival invites up to 2500 passionate advocates, technologists, educators, and makers of the open web from across the globe. MozFest 2018 is one of the flagship events of Mozilla’s leadership network and it will take place October 22nd to the 28th.
The MozFest team at the Mozilla Foundation is responsible for planning and producing MozFest each year. We are seeking a Graphic Designer who will join us for 4 months until the MozFest weekend. In this role, you will help us use a range of design and brand elements creatively to craft an outstanding experience for MozFest attendees. You will be working closely with our Design Lead in Vancouver, BC and will collaborate with our distributed team in London, UK UTC (Time Zone).
What you have:
- Portfolio of design work
- Real passion for user-centered design and collaborative work
- Eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools
- Experience in print production
- Experience working with a style guide
- Skill with Adobe CC design tools (e.g. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Skill with Google Suite tools (e.g. Slides, Docs, Drive)
Nice to have but not required:
- Skill with motion graphics or animation (e.g. After Effects)
- Familiarity with designing for usability, accessibility, localisation, customizability or social media
- Familiarity with wayfinding design or event design
What you will do:
- Scope, design and produce digital and printed assets for an international 7 day festival
- Work with Design lead building off an existing style guide and to improve and iterate from it
- Facilitate production of specific key assets with teammates and key partners
- Design assets and user experiences that may include a range of social and web assets (social graphics, email graphics or infographics), publication layout for the printed booklets, sponsorship materials, event swag or wayfinding materials
- Prepare speaker slides for keynotes or speaker sessions templates for Google Slides
- Give and receive feedback with other designers, engineers, and program staff
- Advocate for users and improve attendee experiences
- Document your work flow in an open process
If you are deeply interested in open event design, please don’t hesitate to apply even if your experience and skills doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We aim to hire a person who collaborates well, committed to producing quality work and who is eager to learn.
To learn more about Mozilla Foundation, check out https://foundation.mozilla.org/
To learn more about MozFest, check out http://mozillafestival.org/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.