As the largest commercial investment aboard the International Space Station (ISS), UrtheCast works in partnership with leading space organizations in developing the world's first interactive, near realtime platform of Earth — with imagery and Ultra HD video streamed from space in full colour.
With two additional sensors slated for launch to the ISS in 2017, UrtheCast's growing suite of cameras will allow for the development of an increasingly powerful web platform. Developed by UrtheCast crew, the UrtheCast platform will provide the world with access to dynamic, high-resolution video of Earth, for purposes ranging from environmental monitoring to broadcasting. From humanitarian relief agencies, to agriculturalists and media broadcasters, UrtheCast continues to partner with leading international organizations — corporate, governmental, and non-profit.
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and detail-oriented Graphic Designer. You will work closely with many different departments at UrtheCast including Image Production, Marketing, Communications, Corporate and Web Development. The Graphic Designer will assist on various assignments, including events, promotions, online/print material, video projects and some web design. You will juggle multiple projects at once, ensure all assets are created with accuracy and that projects are completed as scheduled. You love working in a fast-paced work environment with a start-up feel.
- Layout, design, and update collateral in a fast-paced environment
- Assist in Image Production for diverse projects
- Assist in managing graphic materials and sending updates as revisions are made
- Maintain consistency within all brand properties and ensure all work accurately represents the brand, follow style guide and branding standards
- Contribute to other communications, events, and related projects as needed
- Maintain all schedules and deadlines with shifting priorities
- Work collaboratively and obtain buy-in with different teams across different offices
Education and Experience:
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Design degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Mac platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Apple iWork suite Keynote, Pages
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excel in a fast paced work environment
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer service orientation
- Maintain full functionality in creative design aspects
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Able to receive feedback and use it constructively
- Work well with multiple decision makers
- Display attention to detail and accuracy in work
Bonus points for:
- An aptitude for web design and coding
- Ability to create and edit videos
- A passion for tech, start-ups, or anything related to space!
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location in downtown Vancouver
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize
- Friday afternoon socials… every Friday
- Free gym membership
- Fully loaded kitchen, and we do mean fully loaded
Please note that inclusion of an online portfolio will be required to apply for this position.