Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Programs, this position is responsible for designing and maintaining quality control for a variety of design deliverables. In collaboration with various project leads, the Graphic Designer will create innovative design concepts for implementation across a variety of mediums, managing creative rounds and ensuring each item is delivered on time and on brand.
- Produce fresh new creative concepts, and adapt existing ones, to meet communications objectives across a variety of media.
- Collaborate with internal teams, Web Designer and freelance designers, cultivating new, innovative ideas and strategies.
- Review requirements with project leads and apply concepts that are on strategy on budget and on time.
- Work with suppliers to get quotes, develop and utilize cost-effective print procedures, ensure quality control, and manage production through to project completion.
- Present complex information in a visually pleasing and intuitive structure.
- Effectively develop interactive presentations using a variety of software applications to create on and off screen presentations.
- Produce marketing materials, sales tools and forms that allow the end user to accomplish their task with ease and reinforce behavior for sales.
- Develop easy to use templates with a consistent structure (i.e. fonts, colors, hierarchy and brand), and train internal editors on how to use them.
Quality Control & Brand Management
- Act as a brand expert, understanding, adhering and applying brand standards to all design deliverables.
- Liaise with credit union partners and third parties to provide guidelines and materials that meet brand standards.
- Ensure each round of creative is thoroughly inspected for errors and deficiencies prior to distribution to stakeholders.
- Check final artwork against the spec sheet; ensuring that all colours, sizing and formatting is correct per the supplied specs.
- Route creative through the appropriate channels and obtain sign-off on final artwork from key stakeholders.
- Flight-check and execute production files.
- Ensure all art files are collected, archived and appropriately named for future access.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- 5-7 years design experience.
- Working knowledge of the credit union system/financial industry an asset but not required.
- Creative thinker with the ability to take projects from concept to completion.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Expert knowledge of CS3 or higher (specifically: InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator and Dreamweaver) and Microsoft Office (specifically: PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Experience working with Flash, web graphics and HTML is an asset
- Basic knowledge of asp.net and java an asset but not required.
- Proficient in a MAC environment.
- Graphic Design Diploma and/or Degree
- Marketing and web related courses