If you strive to make a difference, live to be challenged, and love to work with the best and the brightest, GEOVIA just might be the right place for you. Thanks to our amazing team, with their talent, drive, and innovation, more people turn to us for mining software and services than anyone else in the world. No matter your role with us, each and every day is a new opportunity to be inspired thanks to our relentless pursuit of making our business and our customers’ lives even better than they are today.
Life at GEOVIA is fun, engaging, and rewarding, giving you freedom to think creatively, try new things, and enjoy variety in your work. With customers spanning the world, the mining value chain, and different commodities, opportunities abound to learn and grow. Take the next step in your career and unlock new possibilities by becoming an expert in the world’s leading mining software.
We look forward to providing our teams with even greater opportunities for the future as we continue to lead the way in delivering tomorrow’s innovations to model and simulate our planet.
Start imagining what’s possible for you at 3DS GEOVIA. Apply today.
The Position: Graphic Designer - contract - up to 1 year
Customer Communications Initiatives
- Update company marketing materials such as the “About GEOVIA” datasheet and overview presentation.
- Format customer reference program materials including Customer Case Studies and Customer Success Stories.
- Provide Web site graphics, e.g. regional maps, buttons, etc.
Regional & Departmental Marketing Activities
- Support regional marketing creative requirements for print and online advertising
- Format marketing collateral into various languages.
- Create artwork for trade show signage and booths.
- Create artwork for promotional items.
Corporate & Global Marketing Activities
- Create corporate initiated print and online advertising.
- Format product marketing materials, e.g. brochures, datasheets, packaging.
- Create software graphics as needed.
- Apply GEOVIA brand best practices effectively throughout work.
- Be a brand ambassador educating staff and suppliers on correct usage of GEOVIA branding.
- Manage Marketing resources on SharePoint.
- Manage weekly communication to the regional stakeholders
- Associates Certificate in Graphic Design.
- Intermediate to expert ability using: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- 3-5 years proven experience in graphic design environment.
- Able to work on both MAC and PC platforms.
- Intermediate to expert understanding of printing processes: colour systems, bleeds, dye cuts, paper stock, etc.
- Intermediate to expert illustration, image editing, page layout and design skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and accurately estimate multiple projects.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
- Spanish or Chinese language skills.
- HTML, Dreamweaver, Flash, video editing.
- Intermediate to expert working knowledge of creative best practices for marketing materials, advertising and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Mining industry experience.
- Intermediate digital camera and video camera skills.
About GEOVIA, Dassault Systèmes
Since its founding in 1985, Gemcom Software has been at the forefront of innovation. Around the world, Gemcom’s software and services solutions are improving the working lives of mining professionals and the bottom lines of their businesses.
In July 2012 Gemcom was acquired by Dassault Systèmes, the3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, and has become the new brand GEOVIA. Dassault Systèmes is ranked #9 on the world’s largest application software companies (IDC 2012) and is ranked #40 on the World’s Most Innovative Companies (Forbes 2012). As part of Dassault Systèmes, GEOVIA’s immediate objective is to bring innovative technology to the mining industry and ultimately deliver tomorrow’s innovations to model and simulate our planet.
Today, we are the largest global provider of mining software;delivering comprehensive solutions in all major mining centres in more than 130 countries, and count every major mining company as clients. How did we get here? Simple. It’s our people. They are passionate about their jobs and our company, and take pride in making our clients’ businesses better.
If you strive to make a difference, live to be challenged, and love to work with the best and the brightest, GEOVIA may be the right place for you.