We’re looking for a Graphic Designer for a boutique, lead-generation agency.
Our clients are small to medium sized businesses who are brand building or rebuilding in a addition to taking their products and services to market. Paper Sword services include branding and product marketing, channel management and lead generation campaigns. We specialize in B2B tech companies, but somehow have found ourselves in the B2C realm lately, and we love it! Our virtual team is based in Vancouver however we have associates across North America. We're looking for someone relaxed, personable, but high-performing to join us. We're a pretty fun group of people, but we always meet our deadlines. Integrity is critical.
As our graphic design expert on the team, you’ll be collaborating with our Creative Director to develop solid conceptual ideas for our clients. Your incredible skills allow you to design everything from product collateral to WordPress templates to logos and event graphics. Your attention to detail goes right down to the pixel but you easily see the big picture for complete brand experience. Our Graphic Designer will also be able to design a visual language for our productions that communicate our clients' messages and values in a compelling way.
Responsibilities for the Job:
- Work with our Creative Director to help communicate each client's brand and produce the best work possible for our clients, completely satisfying their needs
- Commit to project timelines and communicate with all stakeholders regarding milestones.
- Proven ability to create logos and rebrands, brand standards, data/sell sheets, business cards, promotions, digital and print ads, photo manipulation, tradeshow graphics, etc
- Photo-editing skills
- Translate a design brief into graphic design components
- Design online graphics like HTML emails, landing pages, and websites
- Produce illustrations (Digital or Vector)
- Hand-draw concepts and storyboards for client review
- An understanding of how to optimize images and design for the web
Attributes We Like:
- A team player who is flexible for meetings at any time of the day (within reason of course!) due to the remote nature of our team.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism. We're all in this together, trying to delight our clients.
- Someone who has their own ideas and takes ownership over his/her work, but who takes feedback well. Also someone who can execute design well by following specific requirements (sometimes the clients want what they want)
- The ability to present and defend your ideas in a collaborate way, but with the capacity to be flexible and agile if the client goes a different way
- Amazing customer service skills; seeking to understand and put the clients’ needs first and know when to bring in back-up to problem-solve.
- Supreme project management skills for managing multiple client projects
- 5 years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
- Adobe Dreamweaver (or equivalent)
- 3 years of B2B marketing experience required with preference given to tech industry experience.
- Proven experience designing templates, pages, and emails for nurture campaigns inside of Marketing Automation software (Hubspot, Marketo, etc.)
- Must come with your own hardware and software
- A quiet (or not so quiet) space to work from in the privacy of your home or favourite coffee shop. If you are in Vancouver, there is the option to work from a shared office. This is a remote working position with weekly video call meetings.
- Thorough understanding of WordPress and mySQL.
- Dabbled with SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience in HTML 5, Java and/or PHP for front-end development.
Nice to Haves:
- Preference will be given to candidates in Vancouver or British Columbia.
- After Effects experience for Illustrations
- Experience designing mobile-first websites with consideration of how they would extend up to desktop view.
- Created landing pages and HTML email template designs as part of lead-generation campaigns.
- Incorporated user-centered design and lead-generation into all projects.
- UX experience with websites developed; show us your gorgeous portfolio!