Graphic Designer / Project Coordinator (6 Month Contract)
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Graphic Designer / Project Coordinator develops and coordinates the graphic design, production, and printing of labels and production/advertising materials for Organika, helping to ensure that branding consistency is achieved, and schedules are met.
Please note this is a 6 month contract position.
- Concept development, design and production management for all advertising, promotions and other branded communications and materials, including product labels and marketing collaterals.
- Design management to ensure consistency across all brand touch points – including trade shows marketing materials, corporate communications and events, and digital media.
- Creates compelling social media images to promote various marketing events and/or promotions.
- Develops creative concepts; makes recommendations to improve look and feel of product labels and marketing collaterals.
- Designs email marketing campaigns according to brand standards set by Company and designs advertising media, such as banners and the like, for websites.
- Liaises with printers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Tracks and coordinates the development and production of marketing collaterals and product labels within internal departments.
- Prepares materials and organizes logistics required for marketing events and/or for designers to complete projects.
- Coordinates print production schedules and cost analysis reports for internal budget approval.
- Maintains marketing, branding and product information and databases.
- Liaises with suppliers and printers.
- Prepares required marketing reports and checklists.
- Supports Marketing and Graphics management and graphics team; calendar management required.
- Schedules and sets up team meetings and larger conferences and events; onsite & offsite.
- Performs a variety of duties to support department and team objectives.
- Assists team members to submit or escalate issues when appropriate.
- Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Books travel for team members; flights, accommodation, car rentals; drafting travel letters and assisting with visa applications when required.
- Ensures NUSUs (New User Set Ups) have been completed in advance; ensuring all equipment, network access, and cube/office is set up prior to start date.
- Submits Oracle account set-up requests for team members and provide initial training on Expense reporting tool.
- Purchasing – office supplies, team snacks, miscellaneous.
- Coordinates Catering for meetings and team events.
- Purchases team swag, business gifts, and special occasion gifts.
- Delivers mail and coordinates shipping/couriers for deliveries.
Required Skills and Training
- A degree and/or relevant work experience in graphic art or digital design.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other Adobe software; MS Office Suite.
- Expert understanding of multimedia designs and experience building files for both print and digital (pre-press).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Creative thinker, self-starter, driven, and professional.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Video experience an asset.
- Basic knowledge of HTML would be an asset.
- Proficient on Mac and PC operating systems.
- Able and eager to learn new technologies as needed.