We are the fundraising partner of BC Cancer. Every dollar we raise stays at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C. We are a passionate staff of 70 across British Columbia. We produce large-scale fundraising events from our Inspiration Gala to the Ride to Conquer Cancer and we reach more than 100,000 donors through our e-communication and fundraising activity. We inspire 90,000 donors to give to the tune of $55 million annually. The Marketing & Communications work with a highly committed and talented group of fundraisers and event professionals with a high output. Our best results emerge through highly collaborative, project-based, cross-functional work.
Are you a visual storyteller? You love bringing a concept to life in a beautiful and compelling way? You care about making a difference in the lives of people facing cancer. You thrive in creating a flawless visual. What you create at the BC Cancer Foundation will not only connect people to our cause and our brand, it will inspire people to give generously to help break down cancer and save lives.
Reporting to the marketing manager and working closely alongside our senior graphic designer, you will be an integral member of the marketing and communications team. Partnering with team members across the organization you will be responsible for creating a wide-range of audience-focused, on-brand marketing and communications materials. You will:
- Design and develop print and digital assets for fundraising campaigns and events
- Design print, digital and social advertising creative
- Create content for social media and online channels
- Design complex large scale environmental signage such as window and wall decals
- Translate complex health and science concepts into simple and engaging infographics or illustrations
- Assist with in-house design and production of our magazine and annual report
- Assist in the areas of photo and video editing
- Coordinate with suppliers, printers and photographers
- Ensure all materials are on-brand and align with our graphic standards
This is a permanent part-time position: 3 days per week (Monday to Wednesday).
The Person & Skills
You’re a conceptual thinker with the ability to translate creative ideas and briefs into designs, illustrations and infographics. You have a keen eye for detail and may even consider yourself a perfectionist. You have exceptional technical skills in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere. You work well in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment and can translate creative discussions into a concept. Your qualifications include:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in graphic design for print and web
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with print production and preparing files for print
- Excellent typography, graphic design and illustration skills
- Experience working in a project-based team environment
- Experience balancing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Video editing capability and photography are an asset
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus a superior vacation and benefits package.