Note: All applications will be kept on file for consideration of future permanent and/or part-time graphic arts/production positions.
Forms & Publishing is a department which oversees the cost-effective design and production of ICBC corporate business forms and publications. These forms and commercial print products are integral to the day-to-day operation of virtually every aspect of ICBC's business, such as the sale of insurance, management of claims, and issuance of driver licenses. An opportunity is now available for a full-time, temporary Graphic Designer within this area.
In this role, you will be responsible for the production of business forms, brochures, manuals, reports and marketing materials in digital and electronic formats using Adobe CS5 and Acrobat. You will work with team members to meet strict production deadlines; coordinate your daily activities to maximize productivity; proof read and copy-edit in accordance with corporate style guides and standards; maintain high-quality customer service through clear and professional communication with team members; consistently follow established processes and procedures; report to a supervisor on performance and technical issues; and collect, troubleshoot and archive digital files.
- Intermediate skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat for the creation of a variety of complex, multi-page documents with linked raster/vector images;
- Relevant forms design and production experience with proven knowledge of the best methods for file construction;
- A comprehensive understanding of graphic arts, design, typography and colour theory and the applicable tools within Adobe CS3 and CS5;
- Solid technical skills and knowledge of print industry practices and standards, from prepress to print production;
- Excellent interpersonal skills as a detail-oriented, technical resource for customers and co-workers; and
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Apple Macintosh computers.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.