Graphic Designer full-time
Location: New Westminster, BC
Company Name: Gateway Casinos & Entertainment (http://www.gatewaycasinos.com)
If you pride yourself on first-rate graphic design, communications skills and exercising sound judgment to follow through on requests for creative solutions, then this is a fantastic opportunity to become part of our extraordinary team.
In a team based environment, the Graphic Designer calls for an organized, resourceful and detail oriented professional with a high level of multitasking skills, who will develop and design collateral material in support of the Marketing department for print, electronic and, direct mail and other miscellaneous needs as required.
- Designs printed materials for various marketing projects such as digital displays, publications, media advertising, online marketing, email campaigns, direct mail, public relations, events, promotions and other creative materials as required using current software (ie, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
- Plans production schedules and workflow for the design process.
- Develops specifications and standards for printing and other production.
- Identifies, sources, and selects service providers for printing and publication services, as necessary.
- Recommends appropriate materials (e.g. paper, ink, finishing etc.)
- Inspects proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate and brand standards, as well as, compliance with government regulated policies.
- Provides technical graphics assistance to content authors, publishers, clients, and service providers.
- Participates in marketing strategic planning meetings on a project-by-project basis Coordinates and maintains a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content
What You Will Require
- Post-secondary education or Diploma in Graphic Design or related field and a minimum of 3 years of direct work experience as a graphic designer required
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Power Point)
- Solid design and conceptual skills; with experience in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles including page layout, photographic requirements, printing/publishing procedures and standards, corporate branding and colour theory.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders and analyze and interpret user requirements
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Effective deadline management and project management skills
- Minimum 2 years agency experience a definite asset
- Web design/html skills, publishing, and understanding of Goggle Analytics SEO and maintaining a corporate website is an asset
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page