Education: College Diploma
Career Level: Experienced
RWDI is seeking a talented individual to join its Business Development team as a Graphic Designer for an initial 6 month contract position, with the understanding consideration may be given to extend the position to full time after completion of this term. The position will be located in our Guelph (ON), Calgary (AB) or Vancouver (BC) offices – to be determined by identification of the right candidate for the role and their preferred work location.
- Assist with the development of graphical material for RWDI’s marketing and media publications
- Assist the Business Development team with marketing packages and proposals
- Updates to the company website
- Manage, catalogue and maintain graphic files, including photos, logos and art
- Distribution of internet based marketing materials and coordinating media campaigns
- Incorporating a strong creative flare to an exciting and visual branch of engineering
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in graphic design or graphic art, web technologies or multimedia. Certifications will be considered in lieu of post-secondary education
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) and Presentation Software (Powerpoint & Prezi)
- Additional software skills (Flash, HTML, CSS, Auto CAD, 3DMax etc.) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on many projects at one time with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand basic concepts of engineering in the context of visual presentation
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
The ideal candidate will be:
- Professional with 3-5 years of experience within the design industry, although less experienced candidates should also apply
- Motivated to make a difference
- Creative and also have a good graphic sense of typography, color and layout
- An engaging communicator at the visual, written and interactive levels
- A Team Player: Works well as a member of a team, pitches in to help out others
- Proud of his/her work
Why Work Here?
We are not a conventional engineering consulting firm. We blend technical excellence with a creative approach to almost everything. We work hard and get results but emphasize quality of work life. We are growing rapidly but determined to retain the personal touch of a smaller company. We've enjoyed remarkable success. As RWDI continues to grow, our services are preferred the world over. With scientists, technicians, engineers, and staff in seven countries, a career at RWDI is an opportunity without limits. And that’s worth a lot.
RWDI continually strives to be an international employer of choice through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on strong corporate values and employee involvement. Benefits include flexible work schedules, an emphasis on work-life balance, employer-matched RRSPs, and competitive compensation packages, to name a few. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting work environment at the forefront of engineering innovation, apply to RWDI today!