As a stable, secure, truly global company that's built on integrity, fairness and plain old hard work, Ritchie Bros. – the world’s largest industrial auctioneer – offers rewarding careers in auction operations, sales, finance, accounting, I.T. and internet services, marketing, HR, customer service and other roles. And we offer great benefits, ongoing training, growth opportunities, a culture built on teamwork, integrity and fun – and the chance to be part of something big.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Marketing team is looking for an experienced, dynamic professional to take on the role of Graphic Designer. This position will report to our Manager, Creative and will be based in our global headquarters located in Burnaby, BC.
Reporting to the Manager, Creative, you will:
- Develop creative concepts and visual solutions for marketing campaigns and corporate materials.
- Design and execute marketing materials used in all types of applications, including print, digital, signage, events (e.g. trade shows), presentations, clothing etc.
- Manage design projects from start to finish, and ensure that concepts are applied effectively and consistently across all materials.
- Ensure that all visual touch points support establish brand identity and guidelines.
- Mentor Production Artists and ensure implementation of artistic direction across all materials.
- Work collaboratively with copywriters and other team members to produce effective concepts in support of creative briefs and marketing strategy.
- Follow artistic direction of the Art Director.
- Participate in creative review sessions with team members, internal clients and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish requirements and creative direction.
- Work with Production Artists to design templates and guidelines for production of repeated materials.
- Give and receive constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Stay current with trends and new developments related to graphic design and supporting technology.
- Understand basic marketing principles and the role of design in marketing.
- Actively participate as a member of the Marketing team.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
Here's what you bring:
- Post-secondary degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Marketing or Communication, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in design and creative development.
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite knowledge (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator).
- Proficiency in a Mac environment.
- Expert knowledge of visual design principles, tools and techniques.
- Familiar with UI/UX design principles and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of printing processes and pre-press preparation.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and visual.
- Ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Creative, self-motivated, flexible team player with a proven ability to build strong business relationships.
The following skills/knowledge would be assets in this role, but are not requirements:
- Working knowledge of UI/UX design principles and techniques, including mobile and responsive design, and the ability to create wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS or Flash.
- Data visualization skills, Photography skills, Video production skills, Illustration skills.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and/or experience working in a B2B environment.
Please apply early so that you don't miss out on this opportunity. This posting will close as soon as a competitive candidate pool is identified.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is committed to employment equity and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. We thank you all for your applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate selection is made by the Recruitment Team in Vancouver, Canada. Please do not call the local auction site about this position. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.