Flora is currently seeking a GRAPHIC DESIGNER for our Burnaby, B.C. location.
Flora's graphic designers will work within a team to conceptualize and design various printed and email PDF pieces for all Flora categories; promoting Flora and its products to retail stores and end consumers.
Responsible for the creation of print graphic design pieces, may include the following: advertising, store point of purchase and merchandising pieces, price lists, sell sheets, cover letters, catalogues, magazines, promotional flyers, signage, logos and labels and packaging designs. The Graphic Designer must be flexible and work with all groups in an effort to complete jobs on time and within budget.
Assistant Marketing Manager and Marketing Project Manager
- Work with Marketing Project Manger to ensure projects are seen through from conception to delivery.
- Design marketing pieces that are press ready and tie-in with the current Flora marketing material.
- Work with a marketing team to develop concepts and ideas.
- Product photography as required.
- Source photos, colour corrections and editing photos
- Prepare files to print ready stage; prepare files for Web as needed (ie. Banners, images to tie-in with print promotion that will also be featured online).
- Proof printer digital and hard copy proofs and occasionally attend press checks.
- Liaise with printers, archiving images and filing.
- Ensure projects have been spell-checked and proper approval and proofing protocols have been followed before sending to print.
- Business cards; receiving requests, getting content approval, emailing all Flora staff for requests in an effort to ensure a cost-effective print run.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in: Adobe Creative Suite CS4 or higher (Mac Environment), In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in Quark is an asset
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of French is an asset.
- Ability to draw on their knowledge of basic design concepts.
- Strong listening and communication skills are essential.
- Exceptional design aesthetic variations on styles and awareness of design trends and innovations.
- Experience working successfully within a team environment.
- Accurate and quick with good time management
- Efficient file organization
- Willing to take art direction
• College or University diploma or degree in Graphic Design
Compensation: $40,000 -- $50,000, plus comprehensive benefits package
Flora's comprehensive benefits package includes, extended health and dental, life insurance, long term disability, vision care and paramedical services.