Please note this is a full-time (37.5 hours/week), temporary (one year maternity leave coverage) position based out of our Division office (565 West 10th Ave., Vancouver).
The purpose of this position is to create our branded resources that help represent the Society and our activities in most communities across BCY.
The Graphic Designer and Web Administrator position will support both the development of print and online initiatives. They will be responsible for the overall quality of work produced, managing creative projects from concept to execution and translating marketing objectives into creative outputs.
Design / Brand
- Design and layout of electronic and print materials for all programs and events (flyers, posters, banners, collaterals, logos, invitations, postcards, newsletters, print ads, etc.).
- Carry design and digital projects (i.e. e-Newsletters, Facebook and Twitter ads) from concept to completion while adhering to brand standards.
- Providing internal resources such as templated Word docs for different disciplines/departments to use and populate.
- Press check attendance when needed to ensure adherence/execution of approved colors, design and quality standard. Collaboration
- Working with the National Team to weigh in on design strategies and produce nationwide materials when required.
- Working cross functionally with Revenue Development, Volunteer/Community Engagement, Cancer Control, and other departments to develop/deliver integrated products focused on mission delivery.
- Attending relevant meetings to discuss project objectives and requirements.
- Responsible for Stewardship of vendor partners to ensure we are getting the quality and service we need to uphold all of our brand standards.
- Providing input on concept/editing of videos created with our outside vendors.
- Intranet and cancer.ca content updates
- Microsite maintenance
- Creation of HTML emails
- Server maintenance
- Maintains technical knowledge and understands current and emerging trends by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; researching best practices and industry standards, etc.
- Attends weekly Team Meeting to review all projects and their progress.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent knowledge Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with HTML, CSS and content updates on a variety of platforms
- Social Media savvy
- Strong photo editing skills an asset • Microsoft office (primarily Word templates) •
- Must be deadline-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation complemented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly creative and self-motivated worker who is results-oriented
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Innovative with an ability to adapt to changing environments
- Passion, integrity, values a healthy lifestyle
Education & Experience
- 4+ years of Graphic Design experience (on and offline)
- Strong technical experience, understanding and capability in preparing production-ready files according to specifications
- Solid production management experience and ability to steward vendors
- Post-secondary from a two/four year program with a major in fine arts or graphic design