Relevention Marketing, an award winning, full-service marketing agency stationed in Abbotsford, BC, is looking for a full-time imaginative, enthusiastic and culturally current graphic designer to join our fun and creative team. If this sounds like you and you’re ready for a new and exciting creative endeavor, this just might be the job for you.
As part of the Relevention Design Team, you’ll have a chance to let your creativity flourish in designing visual branding and promotional solutions for the communication and marketing needs of a colourful spectrum of clients. Additionally, as a contributor to generating innovative and results-based marketing strategies, you’ll get to participate in entertaining brainstorming sessions. You’ll also have the opportunity to pioneer the creative direction and lead the execution of select projects while collaborating with fellow designers and/or Marketing Managers on others.
WHAT ELSE YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Use a wide range of media to create all elements of a marketing strategy including web design, print design, brand identity, product packaging, tradeshow displays and point-of-sale materials.
- Work with a marketing team to design creative for results-based marketing strategies and promotional campaigns for a variety of profit and non-profit clients.
- Collaborate and communicate with members of the Relevention team, printers, copywriters, photographers, web programmers and clients in the timely and budget-conscious execution of projects.
- Attend client meetings to get to know them better and gain a thorough understanding of how to meet their needs.
- Help establish Relevention as a top-tier creative firm.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING?
- Diploma in Graphic Design from an accredited institute OR equivalent combination of agency experience and professional development.
- 5+ years of agency design experience
- Accomplished portfolio of on-target, original and high quality work.
- Fluent in Mac OS, the entire Adobe CS4 or CS5 suite, print production and web design.
- Capable of presenting ideas and designs effectively to gain “buy-in.”
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong ability to manage time, organize multiple priorities, stay within budget, work to tight deadlines and execute projects with a keen attention to detail.
- Culturally and industry relevant and up-to-date in areas of software, web design, print and the arts.
We’re a small but fast-growing company that operates cross-functionally and collaborates as a team in the development and execution of projects. As a result, we’ve established a unique culture to complement this work style that we strive to maintain day in and day out. So it’s essential that the individual who is chosen for this position be the right fit for our culture.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR THE KIND OF PERSON WHO:
- Strives for excellence and originality in what they do
- Is receptive to feedback and possesses a commitment to learning
- Recognizes and appreciates that there is no ‘I’ in ‘Team’
- Has a genuinely positive and optimistic attitude
- Can take the bull by the horns
- Likes to laugh… even at themselves