Great Games Start with Great People!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. headquartered in Santa Monica, California, is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales. As the largest and most profitable third-party publisher, Activision Blizzard is a driving force shaping the future of entertainment. The company has a broad portfolio of industry leading brands and award-winning development talent. Activision is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. We maintain a diverse portfolio of products that span a wide range of categories and can be used on a variety of game hardware platforms and operating systems. We have created, licensed and acquired a group of highly recognizable brands, marketed to a growing variety of consumer demographics.
Field Marketing Manager, Canada
The Field Marketing Manager role will provide best-in-class, multi-channel, integrated marketing solutions that will deliver against our global and local marketing objectives. In this role, the Marketing Manager, will focus on planning and executing marketing programs and campaigns in conjunction with Corporate Marketing teams to drive business impact, build long term, meaningful relationships and improve customer and partner satisfaction within the Canadian market.
The Marketing Manager will have exposure to Corporate PR initiatives within Activision and will be aligned to support business priorities, revenue goals, and customer/partner satisfaction for the Canadian territory.
This role reports to Canadian country leader with dotted line responsibility to corporate Americas retail marketing team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Use consumer research to understand and define target audience. Use target as basis for local marketing strategy refinement and programming emphasis.
- Develop, champion and deploy creative marketing plans that effectively and efficiently reach consumer target audience.
- Evangelize brand to external partners (1st parties, licensors, retailers, agencies) and by sharing best practices with North America marketing colleagues.
- Stay current with competitor launches, marketing programmes and sales performance in the marketplace.
- Understand key marketing programmes and initiatives in NA markets and evaluate for CDN application.
- Planning and execution of account integrated campaign plans; relationship marketing / lifecycle program, including segmentation, vehicle and media mix recommendation and execution, timing and forecast of results. Integrated Contact Plans potentially include the following:
- Direct/relationship marketing
- Online/digital marketing/social media
- Other required marketing communication activities in local PR management
- Participating in development of overall retail marketing communications plan that details specific program and campaign activities designed to achieve agreed upon business objectives.
- Project management of retail and market program/campaigns from inception to conclusion. This can include:
- Development, management, monitoring and optimizing against framework within program activities
- Status reporting, developing and monitoring work-back schedule and coordinating agency, external and internal teams to deliver program/campaigns
- Campaign set up in various marketing systems and tools
- Management of project related marketing budget and retainer with agency, monitoring campaign spend, invoicing and accruals against forecast
- Review on-going program and/or campaign results and participating in analysis of performance and development of recommendations for optimization and future enhancements
- Relationship management and integration with other teams
- Work with assigned business/segment groups, including day to day contact, regular status meetings and regular program & campaign communications/updates
- Drive marketing campaign calendar to connect content and cadence with sales, internal / external partners
- Engagement with corporate teams to integrate with strategy and goals
- Development of relationships with other geographies to ensure global alignment
- Management of agency and PR including:
- Day to day management of agency with agency account team
- Primary point of contact for agency during campaign/program execution
- Recommendation and management of local PR agencies
- Coordinating weekly status meetings
- Trade Budget Management and Forecasting
- Manage profit- sensitive trade marketing budgets and lead quarterly trade forecast reporting for all ATVI titles
- Promotional effectiveness: evaluation of all account specific trade promotions and programs
- Work with trade finance, sales, digital sales, and other retail marketing team members to analyze financial and account impact of promos or programs and provide recommendations for future planning
- Align Sales teams with budget spends to ensure budgets are on track to deliver corporate revenue and operating income goals
- Assist in account specific trade budget: weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, PR or relevant field; MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience working in marketing communications role, managing trade spend budgets, developing marketing assets and liaising with local media outlets regarding PR statements to drive market awareness
- A minimum of 5+ years of related experience driving business results through relationship marketing execution and/or loyalty programs, including management of database marketing resources, contact and content user experience strategy based on segmentation and/or behavior data; developing & delivering ‘personalize’ content on the web and delivering trigger-based/lifecycle marketing campaigns with ongoing improvement & measurable results
- Ability to package data and reports to show impact to business scenarios, as well as formulate recommendations for optimization
- Experience developing and delivering marketing plans to senior management
- Strong project management skills and prior experience developing and managing Integrated Marketing Communications plans/campaigns from planning through to execution of tactics
- Ability to work across groups and drive results with external and internal partners
- Experience working with and effectively managing marketing agency and vendor relationships
- Business Insights (understanding issues, leveraging research & applying insights)
- Consumer Insights (targeting, segmentation, advertising trends, consumer trends)
- Media, promotional, and PR Strategies (vehicle choice, flighting, delivery – reach, frequency, GRPs, and plan effectiveness)
- Bilingual (English/French) is preferred