Employee Engagement Support Lead
Consider this incredible opportunity with the Central Agencies I&IT Cluster (CAC). We are currently looking for a dynamic professional to join our team in the role of Employee Engagement Support Lead, where you will oversee Employee Engagement, Communication and Issues Management for the Cluster.
This is an ideal job for someone who has a passion for working with employees, exercises comprehensive business judgment, is an effective multi-tasker and a strategic thinker. The successful candidate will have the ability to initiate and innovate independently and in a team environment, communicate a variety of messages to varying audiences, can build relationships effortlessly and will passionately champion the Ontario Public Service (OPS) values.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
•provide leadership for the Central Agencies Cluster (CAC) Employee Engagement program and the provision of related services through a portfolio of cluster engagement initiatives, ensuring communication and information flow, and managing issues associated with employee engagement
•work with, and provide guidance to CAC Managers, Heads, and Staff regarding employee engagement services, leadership and employee development programs, performance management, cultural transformation and change management that align with division/ ministry/ Ontario Public Service (OPS) goals
•support and foster a high-performance, highly engaged customer-focused and continuous learning environment within the cluster for all staff
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of client service delivery and employee engagement principles, methodologies and practices
- you have knowledge in relevant trends and developments in client/employee/business engagement, to manage employee engagement service delivery
- you have knowledge of strategic and operational planning and business development principles to contribute to, and monitor the employee engagement portfolio of programs
- you have knowledge of performance measurement processes to monitor and report on the employee engagement portfolio of program performance in relation to plans, goals and standards
- you have knowledge of project management methodologies, and organizational and planning skills to conduct projects and process reviews, and undertake related activities
- you can deliver presentations, make recommendations, and exchange information with employees, managers, and the senior management team
- you can prepare reports, presentations, and planning/strategy documents, (e.g. newswire and communication materials for the Cluster and Senior Management Team)
- you have advisory and persuasion skills to provide input, guidance and interpretation; and to obtain approval of recommendations and proposals
- you have coaching and facilitation skills to plan, lead and coordinate engagement processes through implementation, and elicit cooperation, input and feedback
• you have team leadership skills to provide project leadership and direction to employee engagement program leads (management and non-management) and staff
Interpersonal and Influencing Skills
• you have relationship management skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with staff, management, other clusters, ministry/OPS employee engagement committees
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- you can conduct research, synthesize, and analyze information from a wide range of sources to develop and recommend engagement strategies and plans
- you can assess needs, and develop employee engagement strategies and plans
- you can identify and analyze existing or potential issues and problems associated with employee engagement, prioritize them, formulate options, and recommend solutions
- you can develop, communicate and implement information management (IM), information-flow systems, and communication systems to facilitate coordination, prioritization, sharing and reporting of all employee engagement work
Salary Range:$59,655 - $83,402 per year
- 1 Permanent, 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.