Are you looking for a fast-paced, creative and challenging work environment in a leading edge media company? Is working with energetic, passionate people right up your alley? If so, Metroland Media is looking for you!
Flyerland (www.flyerland.ca) is a division of Metroland Media (www.metroland.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Torstar Corporation (www.torstar.ca). With nearly 2 million unique visitors monthly and offers from over 80 percent of Canadian retailers and thousands of local businesses, Flyerland.ca is Canada's leading online resource for flyers, coupons and deals.
We are currently seeking an Email Marketing Specialist to join our team. As Email Marketing Specialist, you will lead our efforts to actively engage our customers via email, focusing on building brand loyalty and delivering value to our advertisers. Flyerland has a large and growing customer base, providing the right candidate the opportunity to be at the center of the action and contribute significantly to our growth.
- Execute on the email marketing strategy, with a focus on customer segmentation, lifecycle and transactional email campaigns
- Create and execute email marketing campaigns and programs that are aligned with overall email and direct marketing strategies aimed at driving revenue and increasing customer retention
- Provide level of effort, track progress and deadlines of projects in work queue
- Manage the email campaign process including scheduling and planning, creative development via HTML templates, set-up, review, QA, deployment and reporting
- Proactively track, monitor, analyze and optimize campaign performance via aggressive testing methodologies
- Be aware of and be able to provide guidance on email marketing industry standards and CAN-SPAM rules
- Give input into strategies for implementation and program/project goals
- Efficiently identify and solve program and communication issues
- Design and maintain process documentation.
- Define and execute list segmentation strategies to maximize CPM potential
- Build email campaigns that provide personalized content and messaging to list segments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of email marketing
- Background in online marketing with an understanding of campaign performance tracking, email best practices, and data driven marketing tactics.
- HTML coding experience
- A/B testing experience
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong project management skills
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, including writing, speaking and presenting
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to track and follow up on actions
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing and occasionally ambiguous environment
- Enthusiastic about email and direct marketing with a strong passion for the customer
- Loves a challenge and can meet goals consistently
STUFF THAT'S NOT ON A RESUME:
- Media experience an asset but not required
- Enthusiastic with a passion for excellence
- Professional, honest, hard working yet light hearted
- Experience interacting with the media
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to be part of a company at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- The opportunity to work with other talented and awesome people!