Consistently named one of the 10 Best Christian Places to Work in Canada, Focus on the Family Canada is a dynamic and growing organization with a strong team. The donor communications specialist is a key member of the donor relations and development teams. These teams are responsible for implementing the annual fundraising and donor communication plan while building and maintaining positive philanthropic relations with donors.
- Working closely with the senior vice president and donor relations team to write, edit and coordinate through to design all donor-related communication pieces
- Assisting in brainstorming and developing appropriate themes for fundraising campaigns that fit together in an overall campaign strategy
- Crafting carefully researched communications materials for major donors, including proposals and grant applications
- Working closely with the senior director of marketing to write marketing communication pieces
- Remaining aware of overall Focus communications and messaging strategy and being able to persuasively convey Focus on the Family Canada's vision and mission to diverse audiences
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A university degree in marketing, communications or business
- An excellent command of the English language and the ability to demonstrate superior writing, editing and oral communication skills for multiple audiences
- 3+ years of professional writing experience, preferably in areas such as direct mail, grant writing, public relations, business communications and/or marketing
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
Success in this position requires that you thrive in an environment that has strict timelines and requires you to produce a high volume of written work.