MediSystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery. Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. If you’re ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
The Director, Sales & Marketing provides strategic leadership to ensure sales, business development initiatives and strategies meet corporate objectives. This role oversees strategic development and implementation of sales and business activity within MediSystem. The Director, Sales & Marketing is accountable for sourcing, developing, and maintaining contacts with established and prospective clients. Responsibilities include researching and evaluating business opportunities, developing strategies and market entry plans corresponding with MediSystem’s core business. The Director, Sales & Marketing ensures the proper development of sales personnel, develops long- term and annual objectives, plans, programs and budgets.
What You'll Do:
- Identifying prospective clients, communicating and coordinating client visits, and closing projects with clients
- Maintaining and building our business presence in Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia
- Building the MediSystem National presence by seeking out business opportunities in existing and new territories ensuring that MediSystem surpasses targeted bed count growth in Long-term Care and Retirement Home businesses
- Building our brand to ensure our strong standing and competitiveness in the LTC field
- Utilizing customer focused selling skills, and developing presentations in support of new business opportunities
- Hit established targets for both retention of business as well new business growth
- Engaging and managing service solution projects externally with pharmaceutical clients, and internally with the management team
- Coordinating necessary services to meet the objectives of the client
- Collaborating with the Marketing / Business Development team including strengthening the strategy, developing tools, and metrics
- Work and support Business Development Representatives to ensure success and team goals and targets are met
- Supporting the clients, and acting as a liaison between the clients and MediSystem
What You'll Need:
- University degree with a concentration in Health Sciences, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of senior sales and LTC experience, preferably in the customer relationship management sector of marketing services
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience leading sales teams
- Previous experience in new account/contact development, and a proven successful track record of sales growth is required
- Strong project management skills, along with excellent presentation and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and report generation software
- Flexibility to travel (50-75%)
- Highly effective communication skills (oral and written), and well developed interpersonal skills
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in working effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to work within a dynamic rapidly growing and evolving environment
- Proficiency with MS Office computer programs
- Ability to learn new systems
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.