DescriptionMarriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
We are looking for an energetic and results focused Sales & Marketing leader. This challenging role oversees revenue generation for the soon to be opened Toronto Marriott Markham Hotel. Located just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the city of Markham is a vibrant municipality of more than 330,000 and is rated one of Canada’s most ethnically diverse communities.
Set to open in November 2017, the Toronto Marriott Markham will offer 203 spacious, contemporary rooms with 7,000 square feet of total event space. The hotel will feature a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in the lobby as well as a Hotel Operated bar and Greatroom. This leader needs to have the skill and experience to strategically guide the team through the opening ramp and ultimate stabilization of this Marriott Brand Halo Hotel.
CORE WORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leading Sales Team Activities
- Responsible for maximizing the efforts of a team of approximately 5 employees in Sales.
- Develops and recommends short and long term goals for the department and implements programs and strategies to meet them.
- Reviews all competitive data and sets the strategy for the sales team.
- Actively participates in revenue management and Sales strategy reviews to maximize hotel yield and profit.
- Serves as the property sales liaison with local Marriott branded hotels, Global Sales, Revenue Management, Event Management, Regional Marketing Communications and other hotel departments as appropriate.
- Act as an integral part of the Leadership team of the hotel
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and monitor financial performance
- Lead weekly sales meetings and participate in Leadership, Departmental meetings, and regional meetings as required
- Effectively motivates team members, providing goals, required performance feedback and recruits as required.
- Oversees marketing, e-commerce and social media development for all hotel activity including F&B.
Building Successful Relationships
- Liaises with community organizations and Municipal and Provincial Ministries and participates in or plans meetings and social events which would be beneficial to the Hotel
- Arranges and represents the Hotels at Trade Shows as required, and promotes the facilities
- Participate in professional industry groups which will benefit the hotel in Toronto
- Works with Marriott International branded hotels to maximize brand value for all
- Be actively involved in the community
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years Sales, Marketing & Catering leadership experience
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality Management, Sales, and Revenue & Commerce experience an asset.
- Experience working with Marriott International brands would be a great asset
- Great Organizational skills, must be results oriented with ability to be flexible
- Professional presentation and excellent communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self motivated
- Passionate and Creative with selling
- Strong people management skills, maintaining a quality team which is motivated and mutually supportive of each other.
- Financial aptitude, proven budgeting, forecasting experience is essential
- Team player with inspirational leadership
- Thorough knowledge of Social Media and CI/TY account management an asset
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.