Director of Program Marketing (English Services) - TOR08449 full-time
Director of Program Marketing (English Services) - TOR08449
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Due to the pandemic this position is temporarily a full-time teleworking position.
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
An exciting opportunity for a strategic marketing leader to lead marketing strategy for CBC’s content portfolio including Entertainment, News, Sports and Audio assignments by building comprehensive marketing plans, products and content in collaboration with CBC teams across Canada. Your experience demonstrates drive and initiative, deep understanding of data and segments, creativity, strategic thinking and a firm knowledge and understanding of industry best practices, as well as sound judgment and consistency. You’re equally comfortable in both a highly collaborative environment and working independently. You value diversity of thought and experience and strive to create a work culture that is highly collaborative, inclusive and respectful.
As the Director of Marketing, you'll act as a cross-functional senior leader working collaboratively with our brand, media planning, digital, publicity, creative and content teams, guiding the strategic process to translate ideas into industry leading campaigns that generate measurable results. If you have passion for marketing and enjoy working in an ever-changing environment, this is the role for you.
- Lead the overall development and planning of CBC’s content marketing strategies, including leading cross-functional teams in day to day operations and executions including key business decisioning, presentations and influence work across all business units within CBC English Services
- Define and create annual campaign plan scope and objectives to help shape future direction, leveraging your high level of expertise and a full understanding of the marketplace/industry trends.
- Work collaboratively with other senior leaders to help shape the future direction of CBC’s brand and business strategy
- Support of identified channels and priorities including providing guidance on specific tactics, delivery and measurement
- Manage media sponsorship, partnerships, related deliverables and post reports for the accounts delegated, as required
- Liaise with external clients, agencies and product teams to identify and capitalize on new audience engagement opportunities which contribute to success and enhance CBC’s brand
- Anticipate future requirements and determine appropriate action, ensuring that implementation and management of plans both support priorities and effectively leverage resources
- Provide thought leadership and industry insights to support/ lead special projects, new initiatives and innovation opportunities
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and learning & development for multiple staff and teams
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing/Advertising or related discipline
- Significant knowledge of Canadian and global content, key drivers and trends
- Minimum 10 years experience delivering professional integrated marketing services - a mix of client and agency preferred - including 5+ years in a senior management/advisor position leading staff
- Prior marketing account leadership experience in more than one of the following content categories: entertainment, news, sports, or audio (radio, Podcasting, streaming audio)
- Relevant experience must include marketing campaign planning; strategic account management including brand management, issues management, digital marketing, and paid advertising
- Solid understanding of the media industry, CBC programming, competitive landscape and operations, and ability to gain a solid understanding of various CBC departmental activities in order to facilitate cross-promotion and integrated strategies
- Experience working with and leading external vendors and agency relationships.
- Creative and strategic thinker, with superior writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to effectively maximize available resources.
- Sound judgment with excellent decision making skills - ability to solve complex business problems by evaluating multiple factors and leveraging internal and external subject matter resources and expertise
- Successful at managing multiple projects simultaneously while working with tight deadlines.
- Championing diverse perspectives and ideas, and differing points of view is critical.
- Ability to travel on occasion as well as work long and/or irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, as per project requirements
At CBC, we recognize that everyone has a different path when it comes to building their skills. We value diversity of thought and of experience. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning, and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications.
Candidates may be asked to complete testing as part of this recruitment
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.