SmartCentres is Canada’s largest developer and operator of unenclosed shopping centres. Our more than 200 locations across Canada offer some of the best commercial retail space in the country bringing shoppers the perfect combination of convenience, value and the most popular retail concepts.
Why Work at SmartCentres?
SmartCentres offers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities. To attract and retain talented people, we offer a different and more rewarding employment opportunity than others in our industry.
Employees at SmartCentres can expect:
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- The opportunity to work along some of the most talented commercial real estate professionals
- Competitive rewards and recognition programs
- A culture which values and respects employee needs
- An entrepreneurial environment where employees are encouraged to try new things.
If you are looking for an opportunity where open communication and teamwork is encouraged, and where you will be recognized and respected as an active leader, look no further than SmartCentres.
Title: Director, Marketing
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Services
Oversee and lead the management of marketing activities within the company with a focus on branding, signage and corporate website.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Formulates and recommends the company’s marketing policies and strategies and directs their application;
- Responsible for specific marketing plan developments for each property through frequent visits and assessment of physical needs- in particular with signage and on site branding;
- Responsible for the Company’s branding program, including brochures, signage, yellow page advertisements and conference/trade shows (e.g. I.C.S.C.);
- Oversees the research and analysis on economic trends, buying habits and the demographic characteristics of consumers, their tastes and preferences for company products and those of competitors;
- Liaises with other departments including leasing and development to meet their needs;
- Directs advertising campaigns and promotional activities and evaluates their effectiveness;
- Ensures all marketing plans within the Company are updated, consistent and current on the Company website;
- Responsible for the design, ordering, storage and distribution of all Company promotional items (e.g. pens, jackets etc.), including company stationary;
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of all aerial photography and initiate revamp program;
- Responsible for the coordination and project management of company-sponsored marketing events;
- Develops and prepares key messaging and presentation material for senior management as required.
- Manages a small marketing team.
- Bachelor of Commerce - specializing in Marketing,
- Marketing designation and/or certification
- Minimum of seven years of experience in leading a Marketing team, preferably within a real estate development organization with a proven track record of follow through to achieve results;
- Ability to deal effectively with highly sensitive information. Treat all matters as extremely confidential;
- Effective planner for not only prioritizing work activities but also anticipating shifts in priorities;
- Ability to work both at strategic and operational levels;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization;
- Excellent project management skills.
The Director Marketing must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Director Marketing shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Director Marketing shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Director Marketing is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.