About Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is a mobile couponing app that helps millions of shoppers save money, and allows brands to leverage purchase data to deliver the right offer to right person at the right time.
Each week, members get a list of offers (coupons) on their phone. They simply buy the products on offer, take a photo of their receipt, and their account is credited for the offer amount.
Checkout 51 launched in Canada in 2012 and in the US in 2014, and members of Checkout 51 have already saved more than of $20 million.
Acquired by News Corp. in July 2015, Checkout 51 is now positioned take its product and service to the next level, offering even more savings to more shoppers than ever before.
- Work with the company founders in the Toronto headquarters on the evolution of our brand and our consumer proposition.
- Lead our marketing efforts, including developing the long-term plan that establishes Checkout 51 as the premiere mobile app that helps millions of families save each week.
- Plan and execute all initiatives to reach and convert prospective members with a strong focus on ROI - including leveraging the internal assets of our parent company, developing partnerships, advertising (especially mobile), affiliates, PR, social, SEO, the company’s website, etc.
- Oversee Community Managers and ensure that we effectively engage with our members through our weekly content channels and social accounts.
- Work closely with the product team, acting as the voice and advocate for marketing/growth initiatives.
- Lead our trade marketing efforts, ensuring that top US and Canadian marketers, especially our CPG clients, understand how our innovative tools can help their businesses.
- Own and provide reporting on key growth metrics.
- Results oriented.
- Extensive experience in consumer marketing. Experience in mobile user acquisition, preferably for a high-growth mobile app is a plus.
- A problem solver who welcomes a challenge and enjoys creating a clear plan to meet that challenge.
- A great communicator. You are able to present actionable data to the team.
- A self-starter and leader who can take an idea and manage it through execution.
- Strong quantitative skills and an analytical, data-driven mindset.
- Passionate about being part of the start-up world.
- Loves making a difference. Work is fun.
- A Bachelors degree or diploma, with 4+ years of work experience in consumer marketing roles
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.